1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ridiculous s**t you have done for money.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Aug 15, 2007.

1. spertia

spertia Senior member

That's awesome, what year was that?

It must have been about '84 or so -- around when the movie Breakin' came out. [​IMG]

Related to my breakdancing money-making scheme, I failed to mention earlier that my first "real" job was working, off the books, for one week during the summer after fifth grade at the (ahem) "water pipe" factory where my father worked -- all so that I could buy my first Sony boom box.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Working in a pet store could get pretty disgusting at times. Also worked as a poll worker for university student government elections, which certainly could be viewed as some ridiculous sh*t.

3. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

While in high school I waited tables and served food at an upscale nursing & retirement home in Florida. One of the ladies that sat in my station was younger than the rest but had her salivary glands removed so before serving her order I'd get each course separately puree'd with water in a blender.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

While in high school I waited tables and served food at an upscale nursing & retirement home in Florida. One of the ladies that sat in my station was younger than the rest but had her salivary glands removed so before serving her order I'd get each course separately puree'd with water in a blender.

ill...eew

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    1. Window dresser at a department store.
    2. Dope delivery mule. I once hitchhiked 50 miles with something like 75 pounds of pot in a couple of Samsonite suitcases.
    3. Test tester. I worked for some department at my University and took tests. For hours at a time. I didn't even know the material in most instances, so who knows what good it did anyone.

6. Augustus Medici

Augustus Medici Senior member

1. Fry's - the sinkhole of electronics superstores that regularly employs people with sparse language skills or sketchy backgrounds. Years after I left, I found out that one of the supervisors was nailed on pedophilia-related charges. I also knew a guy that dropped out of highschool and worked at Fry's as a computer salesman, much like a used-car salesmen. I didn't even know computers required salesmen, to be honest.

2. Fossil - selling watches at the Dallas Galleria. For some reason, it wasn't embarassing at the time but is now extremely embarassing now that I look back. Not a bad job, all in all, and had a great buxom Texan boss. Still, I was the bitch to whoever walked into the store, which were usually teenagers.

3. Taste tester - only did this a few times for Pizza Hut (HQ is right on Tollway). Got paid $40 for a night's worth of pizza tasting. Not bad at all, though all the questions and food got to be a little tiring after a while. This was before I had discovered the joys of marijuana.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i worked at Pic N Sav for 1 month.

8. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Are you a Kern mystery shopper?

I believe I was representing the "BARS Program", whatever that is.

9. Homme

Homme Senior member

Door to door selling in industrial areas, during the aussie (35 degree day) summer. Imagine interrupting a mechanic/factory worker's work, to try and sell fake finding nemo umbrellas/ plastic cups with flashing lights.