• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ridiculous s**t you have done for money.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Washed cars, in the pouring rain.

Watched a guy make copies at 2 AM. And someone else was being paid to watch me watch the guy make copies to make sure I didn't fall asleep.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ridiculous s**t I have done for money ?

I do it everyday from monday to friday.

I wake up early, come to this place and have to stay here at least 8 hours doing all kinds of life-empty senseless stuff...

Buy they pay me a hell of a lot of money for that.

--- go figure

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I taught English to Japanese stewardesses for five years.

poor you.
plain.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sell piddling pieces of fabric to strange men over the internet.

Manic

Reaction score
I worked in TV news for 10 years.... 4 years of that I was an "info-tainment" reporter.... nuff said

One of my first nights on shift as a firefighter, I spent 2 hours in -35c (-31f) weather looking for a hobo's severed arm.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
poor you.
plain.gif

You try maintaining a "professional distance" from mouth-wateringly gorgeous girls who are flirting with you while you teach them mind-numbingly boring grammar patterns that never amount to a coherent much less stimulating conversation, all for a paltry salary, negligible job satisfaction, and zero respect, and try telling me that's a sweet job.

Manic

Reaction score
You try maintaining a "professional distance" from mouth-wateringly gorgeous girls who are flirting with you while you teach them mind-numbingly boring grammar patterns that never amount to a coherent much less stimulating conversation, all for a paltry salary, negligible job satisfaction, and zero respect, and try telling me that's a sweet job.

In a situation like that, "professional distance" and job satisfaction don't go together.

It's one or the other.

I would've dropped the "professional distance" and went straight for job satisfaction. Over, and over again.
smile.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mind-numbing boring grammar ? English ? Yes you are right! English is the poorest language in the grammar department...

try to learn or teach a Slavic language... I learned Slovak.... 7 gramatical cases, declension of adverbs, nouns and adjectives by gender ( 3 of them), number and gramatical mode.... Now that is a grammar ...

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
gender ( 3 of them)

Somewhere in NYC, Ed's ears perked up.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now that I am going out with a Polish girl, this girl-related language interest of mine will make me learn Polish...

I should start a thread called "Ridiculous s**t you have done for pu**y"
laugh.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to buy a lot of dip and cigarettes for 15 and 16 year olds.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laugh.gif
well I would think it would be a great place to get phone numbers...
laugh.gif

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I receive a , chancellorship from the Tweed industry to, post on men's clothing, message boards (foris).

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
I receive a , chancellorship from the Tweed industry to, post on men's clothing, message boards (foris).
s**t ! And I am doing it for free
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads