• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rides....(or...uhm....This is how we roll)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
7,736
Reaction score
476
Nice Jag, FB.

My baby. The twelve cylinders will be twenty years young in June.



~ Huntsman
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,344
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Audi's suck


The B6 S4 is a sweet ride
. My B7 actually has the same break system as the B6 S4, but they are a smaller diameter.

Jon.



I had a test drive of the B7 RS4 today...

Astonishing car - the V8 sounds and feels even more mental than in the S4 and the handling and suspension is much sharper.

... if I didn't already spend so much on clothes, I'd have put down a deposit and ordered one today!


I keep swapping one addiction for another...
 

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
99
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I had a test drive of the B7 RS4 today...

Astonishing car - the V8 sounds and feels even more mental than in the S4 and the handling and suspension is much sharper.

... if I didn't already spend so much on clothes, I'd have put down a deposit and ordered one today!


I keep swapping one addiction for another...


Well, the RS4 is a really, really fast car. I mean it has only 30 horses less than the Aston Martin DB9! They have yet to arrive in the US, but I think they are going to cost around $77K. How much do they go for in the UK?

Jon.
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,344
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Well, the RS4 is a really, really fast car. I mean it has only 30 horses less than the Aston Martin DB9! They have yet to arrive in the US, but I think they are going to cost around $77K. How much do they go for in the UK?

Jon.


£50k.

But oh so worth it!


The salesman was telling me there's around a 6 month waiting list and that demand is high enough that I could probably sell the slot at a premium if I decided against it when the car arrived. Or sell the car back after a further 6 months for about what I paid for it.

I had to steel myself against the temptation to sign on the dotted line!
 

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
20,008
Reaction score
99
Originally Posted by Holdfast
£50k.

But oh so worth it!


The salesman was telling me there's around a 6 month waiting list and that demand is high enough that I could probably sell the slot at a premium if I decided against it when the car arrived. Or sell the car back after a further 6 months for about what I paid for it.

I had to steel myself against the temptation to sign on the dotted line!


Its worth it there though, the European model gets the cool steering wheel from the Lambo and the AWESOME race seats. Here in the US because of crash tests, we get the "˜S4' steering wheel, which is just the steering wheel in any A4 with the words: "RS4" written on the bottom and we get the S4 seats.


But, if I could afford one I would be really, really tempted...

Jon.
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,914
Reaction score
95
More ride porn from today's roll:

 
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
11,179
Reaction score
114
great pic J
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
15
Nice, Kai. I know you take it to the track, which is awesome.

(And Subarus are great, my family has been through half a dozen!)
 

Kai

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
3,216
Reaction score
811
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Nice, Kai. I know you take it to the track, which is awesome.

(And Subarus are great, my family has been through half a dozen!)


So where's your car? Weren't you waiting to take delivery of a 430? I've seen several of them at track days. They are beautiful cars. Much nicer "in person" than in pictures, and I like the exhaust note better than the 360. Only complaints I've heard is that there is no easy way to put in 5-6 point belts.

Sadly, they closed down all 3 of the tracks near me last fall. The closest track is now several hours away. I'm signed up for 4 days of track time at the new Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake this June, however. A bit of a trek from Colorado, but it should be worth it.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

  • Tassel loafers

  • Penny loafers

  • Horsebit loafers

  • Kiltie loafers

  • I hate loafers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
421,147
Messages
9,054,392
Members
190,604
Latest member
Sakoj

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top