• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rides....(or...uhm....This is how we roll)

Reaction score
ok ill do the double entendre thing - how do you roll vehicle-wise?

Pics of cars, bikes, unicycles, private jets...how do you get around.

These are my current rides...

This is a 1967 Suzuki K10 that I restored not long ago. Theoretically its a 50cc 2-stroke, but i changed it to a 100 cc 4 stroke. Fitted an electric starter, and then a remote control - which is awesome for traumatising locals (had old ladies run screaming away down the street).

Here she is:

This is my Chaly - much Chalyrally discussion died with the old board, but this is after the first day in the dirt:

Im thinking of selling it though, likely to buy a Minsk - want something bigger and something I can take out in the dirt more often:

So that is how I roll...

Others?

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Wow, that Suzuki is very cool man, I was looking at old Yamahas for a while, but for right now the only bike I'm riding has pedals. Someday.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get some good pics. For now, a picture from the pre-sale inspection service while she was at the seller's. She is now mine
Actually, the correct smiley for it now is
Edit: Toyota Celica, GT (aka puny engined-version)

Reaction score
what is that?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by [email protected]
what is that?

5-year old Toyota Celica GT. Maybe some day will get something flashier but for now... it was quite inexpensive and a blast to drive!

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1994 XJ6 (a.k.a. XJ40)

this was taken a couple years ago when i first bought it. it is currently in dire need of a paint job, a fact which makes me hurt every time i think about it.

***dang it, can't get the thumbnail thing to work right.

***there we go.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain

1994 XJ6 (a.k.a. XJ40)

this was taken a couple years ago when i first bought it. it is currently in dire need of a paint job, a fact which makes me hurt every time i think about it.

***dang it, can't get the thumbnail thing to work right.

***there we go.

Love the colour on that Jag!

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"regency red" is what it's called, i believe. it hates the sun.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audi A4 2.0T in brilliant black with beige leather interior:

(Crappy pics, thanks CVS!):

Yes, I know I'm not very Trad (reflection) in a pair of old and faded GAP jeans and an old and stretched Adidas T-shirt, but last time I washed the car wearing a Huntsman suit, I regretted it...

Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is my vehicle of choice.

When necessary I roll in your average E36 BMW 325is, black on black with extra black. You've seen it, no need for a pic of that.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, i'll bite. my 2004 Subaru Forester XT on a Mammoth Mountain snow day.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sorely missed former ride:

My current ride which, dollar for dollar, is pretty hard to beat in terms of performance and fun factor:

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
My sorely missed former ride:

My current ride which, dollar for dollar, is pretty hard to beat in terms of performance and fun factor:

Agreed - I found the E30 considerably more fun to drive than the E36, but of course, not quite as comfortable.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that the E36 M3 with some appropriately chosen shocks and springs is a very fun car, but it cost about 7x as much as my E30 when I bought it and it wasn't quite 7x as much fun.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.