• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot Company

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Despite several emails for order update for the shell MTOs I haven't heard anything. Anyone else on the same boat.
Since the ETA was mid-Sept, I would have expected an (proactive) email update on any delays.
Generally I have seen Rider Boot folks to be very responsive but not in this case...anyone knows whats going on?

(I do not have an order for a grain shell boot).

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few other things you could try. I’ve had difficulty raising them through e-mail as well, here’s their phone #804-912-1783.

Also, from my understanding, Jeff is pretty active on Reddit’s GYW. I’m old and can’t really figure out how to use that site, so sorry I don’t actually know how to find him there.

Also, you could try their contact form on their website, which I’ve had better success with as opposed to direct e-mailing them.

unsuitable

Reaction score
Leet,

You might call up your order confirmation email and hit the "Order Status" page. I think this someone's (Shopify's?) generic sales portal implementation. It allowed me to put my mobile number in for updates so I actually got a note on my phone when my order shipped.

I'm not sure what is up with the incommunicado situation. I feel a bit bad that I am the only one here who got shoes so far. I assure you that there is nothing special about me at all. My emails have been unanswered as well this past 30 days.

My long-term experience with Rider has been very positive across 3 or 4 orders now.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
I have been checking the order status page several times in the hope that the status changes :) Unfortunately the status still says "We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status."

>My long-term experience with Rider has been very positive across 3 or 4 orders now.
Yeah other than this order...that has been my experience as well. Even for the latest shell GMTO, I received quick replies from Jeff for some clarification Qs. But no response on the order ETAs and delays.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite several emails for order update for the shell MTOs I haven't heard anything. Anyone else on the same boat.
Since the ETA was mid-Sept, I would have expected an (proactive) email update on any delays.
Generally I have seen Rider Boot folks to be very responsive but not in this case...anyone knows whats going on?

(I do not have an order for a grain shell boot).

Received shipping notice for my Calvados shell boots from that order just now.

Last edited:

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Finally!
Out of curiosity did you opt for storm welt? I was told (last month) that boots with storm welts were delayed.

unsuitable

Reaction score
Received shipping notice for my Calvados shell boots from that order just now.

That is great to hear. I am on my third wear and I feel guilty every time I shoe-up knowing that less fortunate souls (soles?) are still not united with their MTO orders.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally!
Out of curiosity did you opt for storm welt? I was told (last month) that boots with storm welts were delayed.

Yes, it has been awhile but I believe I chose the storm welt for this boot!

That is great to hear. I am on my third wear and I feel guilty every time I shoe-up knowing that less fortunate souls (soles?) are still not united with their MTO orders.

Yes sir, I and the others have quietly cursed you since your early shipment. :)

Could you please post a few pics to appease the less fortunate?

Their description of this last sounds close to perfect for me, a bit short and wide, both are correct for my needs.
*Not sure my size 15 would be on same last as others.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots! I was definitely looking at ordering an identical pair, but was worried the lady wasn’t wide enough.

Thank you it was quite a gamble for me as well, without first ever seeing a size 15 from them.

These are good and wide. For future reference.

Last edited:

unsuitable

Reaction score
Thank you for the update - my youngest son wears a US 16 in most shoes but he COULD wear a 15 if it had a wide toe box.

I'm not buying him any Riders just yet - but maybe a graduation present someday.

And: Those boots look great!

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Since I was still waiting for any shipment news for my shell MTOs, I called again (no email responses). Apparently Col#4 leather batch was also rejected by the factory. Scotchgrain was rejected twice!

Considering the reputation of Horween I am really surprised that so many rejections for their leather batches. Anyone heard similar stories about Horween?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads