• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot Company

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did somebody else post this and I missed it? I searched but found nothing.

http://riderboot.wordpress.com/

I'm looking forward to this. I've planned on getting a pair of RL McCallums at the next 40+15 sale, but given the recent post about the shell Darlton loafers going up by $200 I'm assuming the shell boots will do the same. If the retail pushes from $995 to $1195, 50% off is still going to put them at $600 - which is right in Ron's neighborhood on pricing and I'd have a greater range of options with this.

And I'll bet we can get him to do crazy stuff - like buckle boots and such....

khaki sack

Reaction score
Flackjap -

Crazy stuff like ,button boots?

Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
And I'll bet we can get him to do crazy stuff - like buckle boots and such....

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to him back in March but didn't get a reply.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I sent an e-mail to him back in March but didn't get a reply.

Thanks for the mention, guys!

First day back in the office from a 2 week visit to the factory....will be a few days to catch up with everything here, but I have the latest, and some pics, to post asap. Basically we are set for end of April delivery, and 1/2 of the Collection is finished now......we just received more SC from Horween while I was there and added a couple of items, including a cool penny strap loafer in Natural + Brandy Scotch Grain trim (not a boot, but I couldn't help myself...a new last is very nice for loafers). I tried to keep up with mails while I was there, but much of my work was around Milan, and I infected the factory computers with a virus as soon as I plugged in my sandisk to transfer some files, shutting everything day for a few days.

Anyway, I just checked my riderboot email and I have nothing there that I did not reply to.....please resend or Pm me and I will reply as soon as I can....a little swamped the next couple of days, but I will be caught up by Thursday, for sure.

I'll try to add the latest info tonite, as long as the electrical storms/tornadoes don't come back this evening......

Ron

emptym

Reaction score
Looking forward to visiting you and your boots down in VA, Ron.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Thanks for the mention, guys!

First day back in the office from a 2 week visit to the factory....will be a few days to catch up with everything here, but I have the latest, and some pics, to post asap. Basically we are set for end of April delivery, and 1/2 of the Collection is finished now......we just received more SC from Horween while I was there and added a couple of items, including a cool penny strap loafer in Natural + Brandy Scotch Grain trim (not a boot, but I couldn't help myself...a new last is very nice for loafers). I tried to keep up with mails while I was there, but much of my work was around Milan, and I infected the factory computers with a virus as soon as I plugged in my sandisk to transfer some files, shutting everything day for a few days.

Anyway, I just checked my riderboot email and I have nothing there that I did not reply to.....please resend or Pm me and I will reply as soon as I can....a little swamped the next couple of days, but I will be caught up by Thursday, for sure.

I'll try to add the latest info tonite, as long as the electrical storms/tornadoes don't come back this evening......

Ron

Ron, thanks for your post. PM sent.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll get to updating the blog this weekend, after I return from a few days with clients....too beat to concentrate on it at this moment, but here is a little more info I'll be posting.....

I was real happy to get a good sized delivery of my custom #6 SC from Horween the day I arrived

jb2owl.jpg
[/IMG]
r0r2hl.jpg
[/IMG]

Got a few pieces of Dark brown also, but not enough to do anything with except a few specials

1zld72g.jpg
[/IMG]

Then, a couple of days later, we got a surprise delivery of more Whiskey, so I added another 6 pair to the Chukka Boot (you can see in the pic and the blog)

6ehxg2.jpg
[/IMG]

Also found a couple of shells of Forest Green Scotch Grain....sorry Andrew, still waiting for a shell of the regular shell in this color
frown.gif

msn4aw.jpg
[/IMG]

ps - I can take one special with this

Some real cool Natural that I am pairing with Brandy Scotch Grain (trim) on this new Pennystrap loafer......

1z3rss2.jpg
[/IMG]

2hftpfl.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a custom shoe in Whiskey Shell ready to be finished for one of my clients....

33nupmq.jpg
[/IMG]

Anybody want Elephant?

14mxveu.jpg
[/IMG]

With shark trim?

rbfv2u.jpg
[/IMG]

And Part 2 of 'we don't read the order details as often as we should'.....or 'can't your clients order one of the 6000 patterns we have available?' 'Ever??'...this 8.5 will be available if anyone is interested.....Mahagoni SC with handstitching - just not the handstitching detailed (3rd times a charm, right?)

2n1xdtd.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished up the custom fit work......this is a Brandy Shell C. Scotch Grain Chukka on a custom last....

pu2kk.jpg
[/IMG]

And, for a change of pace from the boots, we did a neat Ladies combo pattern (most don't know it, but over the last year we have made/sold more ladies shoes than mens...rarely with our label, but I am going to start here as a test)...because I need more to do -

2dvn0q9.jpg
[/IMG]

Not Rider Boot, or SC work, but who wears alot of my shoes?

wi80ew.jpg
[/IMG]
2sab9yx.jpg
[/IMG]
2114ebq.jpg
[/IMG]

All for now......more info and pics will be on the blogs as soon as I can.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool pics Ron - thanks

I actually like the scotch grain loafer
shog[1].gif
I think I could get a pair if the last was a little more elegant/sleek

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh my... those hides are beautiful.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Rider Boot, or SC work, but who wears alot of my shoes?
2114ebq.jpg
[/IMG]

Shaquille O'Neal?
And Part 2 of 'we don't read the order details as often as we should'.....or 'can't your clients order one of the 6000 patterns we have available?' 'Ever??'...this 8.5 will be available if anyone is interested.....Mahagoni SC with handstitching - just not the handstitching detailed (3rd times a charm, right?)
LOL, poor Shoe Fairy.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shaq's one of your clients now?

great photos by the way, i'm starting to feel my shoe addiction coming on again... =(

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to see things are progressing with the boot company Ron. Everyone can lament the fact that the big companies are not getting the shell --- but your craftsmanship and quality cannot be beat at that price point or even double it.

I regret not having you take my measurements at the Sartorial Excellence Event Friday evening for future reference. Doh! The southern charm and conversation kept the practical side of my brain from kicking in!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra

I regret not having you take my measurements at the Sartorial Excellence Event Friday evening for future reference. Doh! The southern charm and conversation kept the practical side of my brain from kicking in!

+1. But I plan to be in Richmond in May, so I have a second chance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads