• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot Company

sklark23

Reaction score
How much inventory does Heimies Haberdashery get?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard from Heimies in quite awhile.....nothing on the agenda. Haberdash I wouldn't even pick up the phone if they called again.

One thing that will always keep my distribution small is the fact that, as a mom and pop, we insist on getting paid - and on time. That in itself eliminates 70% of the potential shelf spots for our products........

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed - all is well and the F/W boots start arriving by the end of the month, it appears. You can always keep up with us here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rider-Boot-Co/104656026236651

I don't really keep the blog updated though......have a lot on my plate and just can't do everything well so some things I stepped back from. We did start this though, since our main Season is just getting under way:

http://instagram.com/riderbootco

Anyway, have not been at Franco's for a couple of years now - left to work exclusively wholesale back in '11. My wife and I are now totally independent. We are expecting to have a good update on the website over the next few weeks, and will be shipping to some new shops as well. We've never stopped working with Leffot or JGilbert out in Seattle, and can be found at LeatherFoot, HKT in Atlanta, Michael Allen's in Portland later this Fall, ToBox in Philly (opening in 2 weeks), as well as Khaki's of Carmel closer to Winter....a few more irons in the fire but have to see exactly where boots are going over the next month. Wouldn't expect to see me any longer on the shelves at Franco's though - after I left they went in a different direction, which makes perfect sense. Have no idea what they are doing shoe wise as I am not involved in any way, shape or form. So, we are in the same town, keep in touch socially, but not connected business wise if that clears anything up.

We just keep doing what we do -

Ron, glad to see you're still around and doing business.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're still going, Ron. I have 4 pairs of your boots, and am overjoyed with each of them.

Also, it appears that Francos has re-added their Rider stock to their online sale section.

Clay J

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering about the fit of the Ottowa hikers... I have a pair of the chukkas in the 4A last in D width, would the hiker last have more room across the ball of the foot, or have a bit more width?
Thanks,
Clay

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi I was wondering about the fit of the Ottowa hikers... I have a pair of the chukkas in the 4A last in D width, would the hiker last have more room across the ball of the foot, or have a bit more width?
Thanks,
Clay

Hi Clay -

Yes, the Ottowa is built on a dedicated last and fits wide across the ball (to accommodate heavy socks, or a couple pair of regular socks) and will also fit - correctly - with less toe room (in length) than a street last. Basically, it's a wide round fit.

ps - glad to see folks jumping on the closeout pricing for the hikers......I really have to get the site back up to speed with everything we have here now but have just been too damn busy with our wholesale work.....will be fixed over the Summer for sure.

Clay J

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply, I grabbed the grey hikers.

emptym

Reaction score

ps - glad to see folks jumping on the closeout pricing for the hikers......I really have to get the site back up to speed with everything we have here now but have just been too damn busy with our wholesale work.....will be fixed over the Summer for sure.

Very good news, Ron. Still loving the Rider Boot shell chukkas I got from you in Richmond back in '08 as well as the Martegani Padova's from the next year.

AMProf

Reaction score
Still crossing my fingers for another "Steals and Deals" fest like the one from 2 years ago!

reidrothchild

Reaction score
That was amazing. I nabbed six pairs of shoes, five of which are still in the regular rotation. Those prices were so amazing I just gave away a pair of drivers that were too small to a buddy. My only regret is that I didn't buy every single pair available in my size when I had the chance. A rare instance when I've regretted restraint (to the extent buying six pairs of shoes in a month can be characterized as restraint) in clothing purchases.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very good news, Ron. Still loving the Rider Boot shell chukkas I got from you in Richmond back in '08 as well as the Martegani Padova's from the next year.

I'll take 6 years! Good to hear......we have a couple of very interesting things on the horizon. Summer not the best time to launch anything though, so Fall it should be.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan suede Ottowa hiking boots came today, thanks! Pretty ridiculous deal on those!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics