• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot Company

PL92106

Reaction score

No prob, I'll quote exactly what Ron kindly PM'd me:

No joke, I've pummeled mine and they still look like they did when they landed - and I've never used the Nano, just an occasional brushing.

And, darn it, you reminded me how upset I was that I missed out on those GIlberts! :brick:
Hey Razl... https://riderboot.com/shop/gilbert-cognac/. Could be a touch big on ya, but you're welcome if you haven't already pulled the trigger.

Frankly, I'm surprised no one posted the drops on Rider's sale page for the past few days. I only went slight nuts and bought some of the FS and SS things that I've been eyeballing for a while.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though my size was out of stock for months, I decided to swing by the sale page of Rider’s site and found the horse front Fritz Chelsea to be back in stock in my size. I’ve been eyeing these for a while and am excited to give them a run. Pumped!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an aside, I got this Chukka in a rough-out suede a few years back and it's been one of the most versatile and "nice shoes!" commented on casual pairs that I own. While these are in a rough sort of calf the color scheme is the same as my suedes so should work for the same situations. I see they're currently on final sale at $199 which is awesome.

Trust me, on paper these do not look like they'd be for me - I'm too conservative business dress uptight, these look like cool-guy shoes - but I can't believe how much and how varied use I've gotten out of them. Total win.

https://riderboot.com/collections/mens/products/jackson-maracca

Jackson-Mohawk-Maracca-1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

biglmbass

Reaction score
Even though my size was out of stock for months, I decided to swing by the sale page of Rider’s site and found the horse front Fritz Chelsea to be back in stock in my size. I’ve been eyeing these for a while and am excited to give them a run. Pumped!

What color did you get? I got tan but wished I'd known of the sale early enough to get the natural color. I've got enough wear on my waxy snuff Kudus now to really appreciate how comfortable these boots can be. Really wish I could get a a light colored pair (gaucho Kudu or natural horse front)

Keach

Reaction score
I have two pairs of chukkas from Rider, great quality

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color did you get? I got tan but wished I'd known of the sale early enough to get the natural color. I've got enough wear on my waxy snuff Kudus now to really appreciate how comfortable these boots can be. Really wish I could get a a light colored pair (gaucho Kudu or natural horse front)

I went for the natural, which I am really hoping work out because I don’t have anything in that shade currently. How did you size yours? I followed the guidelines on the site and went TTS.

biglmbass

Reaction score
I too went TTS. Worked out great though I was hesitant/unsure on the 1st couple of wears. Wore them 5+ miles a day over an extended weekend in Boston a few weeks ago with no issues. Best fit is with light to medium weight boot socks.

emptym

Reaction score
Ten year old shell chukkas from Ron are possibly my most frequently worn shoes. I recommend his site to people all the time.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural Fritz just landed. Very impressed and a little surprised that the fit seems so good with and without the insoles. The color also looks to cross a lot of seasons for how I plan to wear these. Would buy again.

227E61E9-29E3-4DFD-9A83-36AC638D0916.jpeg

62B7EAE7-A177-4A61-9DBC-3BA8E9F91AC6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads