• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riddle me this - tenderloin

spence

Reaction score
So for dinner tonight I bought three beef fillet's together in a package, very good quality choice...

They were seared over high heat to form a good crust in a top quality pan which was centered over the heat. Then put in a 460 degree oven to finish for another six minutes and left to rest for another 10 or so...

One fillet was large, one medium and one was small.

The smallest fillet was perfectly rare/med rare while the other two were closer to medium. I felt them all when removing from the oven, and they felt all pefect, and my fingers are usually pretty nuts on.

So why the difference?

-spence

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heat in the oven may not be evenly dispersed.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
different thicknesses cook at different rates, especially if they're all in the same area. did you leave them on a hot pan for the rest time? that will continue cooking, too.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
10 minutes to rest is quite a long time - aside from the above responses, the smaller one will cool faster. Otherwise, not sure. BTW
my fingers are usually pretty nuts on.
obligatory
lol8[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the smallest probably had the least residual heat from the smallest surface area and stopped cooking soonest. The other two probably took in and held more heat which cooked them through as they rested. Just a guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads