• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, totally needed some diapers for an alien
Meanwhile, stores will continue to stock leather jackets and basics

I don't like the stitched work, the color blocking, the satiny nylon fabrics, or the peacoats. Looks like Raf does Jil does Rick Owens in a couple spots

The long MA-1s and tunics look interesting, though.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome, totally needed some diapers for an alien
Meanwhile, stores will continue to stock leather jackets and basics

I don't like the stitched work, the color blocking, the satiny nylon fabrics, or the peacoats. Looks like Raf does Jil does Rick Owens in a couple spots

The long MA-1s and tunics look interesting, though.

Yeah, like lots of Rick shows, I had to suppress my jerking knee enough to appreciate his designs, but overall I enjoyed the collection for the same reasons I usually enjoy Rick collections-- the zany ways he reduces the human body to simple geometric shapes. The 'diapers', the elongated tanks with the rectangles dangling off of them, were this season's attempt to impose modernist controls on human bodies (holy **** that sounded pretentious, but isn't that what he's doing??). Dude's clearly a fan of more than just activewear and black and black activewear, which was obvious in this season's whiffs of expressionist woodcuts and 60's minimalism.

And yeah, looking forward to stores carrying the exact same leathers and tees and pod shorts they carry every darn season

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His runway shows are totally unrelated to what's available lately, and it's not even just basics. This spring season's show was all diapers and weird mesh tanks, but then in stores there were loads of great cardigans and knits along with the normal sweatpants, leathers and tees.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is sick as **** if you just accept it as a runway show

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like Rick using color is just a more subtle version of trolling

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colors are great, super wide carrying straps are great, liking this.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most interesting thing from rick in a little while. would love to see a hardcore Rick guy on the street in a blush bomber.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, like lots of Rick shows, I had to suppress my jerking knee enough to appreciate his designs...
I'm still at this stage.

And yes, meanwhile, everyone will still be wearing Rick in the same, heavy, humorless way they always have.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the colours but don't really get the designs.

Prudy

Reaction score
I love the color blocking and the sleeveless long shirts with the wide, angular shoulders. Both those would look great under a jacket, etc. Like a lot of Rick stuff, it looks a bit insane on the runway or the hanger, but if you put it on you like it a lot more.

It seems like, since Plinth, he's been adding more feminine details into his designs and fabrics. I like this angle as it sometimes makes the pieces even more severe in contrast, or can soften them a bit, depending...ultimately, it just adds another dimension which I think works really well on top of the architectural designs he employs.

I also love what he is doing with the denim and canvas-type materials in off-white. I would love to see him carry that over to make replicas of all his leather pieces (stooges, bauhaus, etc.). Those would look incredible as lighter jackets or layering pieces.

Anyway - love the colors, especially that great clayish-red brown he's been using, I think he calls is 'raisin' or something. It makes such a cool compliment to all the black and gray.

Great collection!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads