• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Owens Combat Boots Opinions

AbeEz

Reaction score
Been wanting these Rick combat boots ever since they came out. Found them on sale and bought them. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 0E99646B-5CE1-4BD5-9403-A3A7B3D013D1.jpeg
    0E99646B-5CE1-4BD5-9403-A3A7B3D013D1.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 92
  • 3FE42A78-3CAC-4438-9CE6-12EC7E345E81.jpeg
    3FE42A78-3CAC-4438-9CE6-12EC7E345E81.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 112
  • E3D13145-F3A2-4A3E-93B9-3D7E5E0025E7.jpeg
    E3D13145-F3A2-4A3E-93B9-3D7E5E0025E7.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 167

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Been wanting these Rick combat boots ever since they came out. Found them on sale and bought them. What do you guys think?
Pretty ugly and boring IMO. Why not just get timberland 40 below or RO anfibio boots both of which look and probably are far superior ?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty ugly and boring IMO. Why not just get timberland 40 below or RO anfibio boots both of which look and probably are far superior ?
your opinion is invalid if you think ricks and timberlands are compatible

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that said those are on sale for a reason but they're ok

AbeEz

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
Timberland is not something that fits my preference in design. Meaning, in my opinion a RO boot, specifically these ones, are more attractive to me. More grungy and outlandish. More unique, and artistic. RO and Timberland simply do not compare. Not saying RO always better, but they are in two different realms.
Definitely wasn’t looking for th classic combat boot.

I understand they are a more “ugly” boot. However the grungy, ugly look, is the detail that attracted me to them. Hence, the reason I find them the opposite of boring.
Regarding Anfibio. I like them a lot. But these have precedence for me over the Anfibio, as the anfibio have a more elongated look, which I haven’t found myself in yet. Kind of like the CP Combat Boots. More like a ranger boot.

thanks again for the input.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they would belong to the drummer of a underground grunge band. Need to lose the shine and really beat them up. Perhaps drag them on your rear bumper for a couple of miles.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they would belong to the drummer of a underground grunge band. Need to lose the shine and really beat them up. Perhaps drag them on your rear bumper for a couple of miles.

Eh, as a punk rock guitarist I'd even call that a stretch. Can't even get those F***ers to wear shoes half the goddamned time.

They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have that padded **** at the top that make your ankles look fat. I just see old lady legs in the shape.

1593534442432.png

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, as a punk rock guitarist I'd even call that a stretch. Can't even get those F***ers to wear shoes half the goddamned time.

They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have that padded **** at the top that make your ankles look fat. I just see old lady legs in the shape.

View attachment 1415812

Ok, maybe a K-Pop band trying to look punk.

Now I can't unsee the cainkles.

AbeEz

Reaction score
Nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads