• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rick Owens Combat Boots Opinions

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Been wanting these Rick combat boots ever since they came out. Found them on sale and bought them. What do you guys think?
Pretty ugly and boring IMO. Why not just get timberland 40 below or RO anfibio boots both of which look and probably are far superior ?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty ugly and boring IMO. Why not just get timberland 40 below or RO anfibio boots both of which look and probably are far superior ?
your opinion is invalid if you think ricks and timberlands are compatible

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that said those are on sale for a reason but they're ok

AbeEz

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
Timberland is not something that fits my preference in design. Meaning, in my opinion a RO boot, specifically these ones, are more attractive to me. More grungy and outlandish. More unique, and artistic. RO and Timberland simply do not compare. Not saying RO always better, but they are in two different realms.
Definitely wasn’t looking for th classic combat boot.

I understand they are a more “ugly” boot. However the grungy, ugly look, is the detail that attracted me to them. Hence, the reason I find them the opposite of boring.
Regarding Anfibio. I like them a lot. But these have precedence for me over the Anfibio, as the anfibio have a more elongated look, which I haven’t found myself in yet. Kind of like the CP Combat Boots. More like a ranger boot.

thanks again for the input.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they would belong to the drummer of a underground grunge band. Need to lose the shine and really beat them up. Perhaps drag them on your rear bumper for a couple of miles.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they would belong to the drummer of a underground grunge band. Need to lose the shine and really beat them up. Perhaps drag them on your rear bumper for a couple of miles.
Eh, as a punk rock guitarist I'd even call that a stretch. Can't even get those fuckers to wear shoes half the goddamned time.

They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have that padded shit at the top that make your ankles look fat. I just see old lady legs in the shape.

1593534442432.png

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, as a punk rock guitarist I'd even call that a stretch. Can't even get those fuckers to wear shoes half the goddamned time.

They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have that padded shit at the top that make your ankles look fat. I just see old lady legs in the shape.

View attachment 1415812
Ok, maybe a K-Pop band trying to look punk.

Now I can't unsee the cainkles.

AbeEz

Reaction score
Nice

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.