• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Richard Lim

DapperDandy

Reaction score
Have any of you comissioned the services of Richard Lim of High Society on Wilshire Blvd? If so, I'd like to hear your opinions.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on this on Ask Andy About Clothes about three weeks ago. I don't know how to post the link, but if you go on AAAC and use the search forum, it should come right up.

In brief, Lim charged the guy $480 for the tailoring on a jacket with fabric provided by the client, and from the looks of it, he did a pretty darn good job.

brlfvr

Reaction score
I've had a suit made. Richard does very good work especially for the price.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
I've had a suit made. Richard does very good work especially for the price.

can you comment on his house style?

I'm looking for 3 roll 2, soft shoulder, american trad cut.

DapperDandy

Reaction score
I actually saw the thread on AAAC and I didn't like the cut of the jacket too much. Now I don't know if this cut was specifically ordered by the customer but if that is Richard Lim's house cut, I'm not particularly impressed.

rulli

Reaction score

Hello,

Yes, I have commissioned the services of Richard Lim and I can tell you that he does excellent work. Please see the above photo of the suit jacket he made for me. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks

rulli

Reaction score
I have commissioned Richard Lim's services and I can tell you de does excellent work. Please see attached photo.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have commissioned Richard Lim's services and I can tell you de does excellent work. Please see attached photo.

Again, is that the "House Style"? Or is Mr Lim good at copying a very different cut?

coolal

Reaction score

Again, is that the "House Style"?
Or is Mr Lim good at copying a very different cut?

Richard Lim really doesn't have a "house style". Every cut is based on what someone has communicated. It can be a bit risky if you don't know exactly what you want. Ideally though, if you already have something that is cut the way you like, just bring it in and they'll copy the look.

-Alex

*edit* Here's my review from a few months ago: Full Review - Richard Lim Tailor

Last edited:

rulli

Reaction score
Hi,

This is not a "house cut." I knew exactly what I wanted beforehand. I scoured the Internet for photos of jackets that I liked and e-mailed them to his assistant Sunny. We then reviewed the photos together at the shop. I also brought a jacket (made by another tailor) of my own that had certain features that I liked (armhole measurement, buttonhole placement, etc.) but was not ideal in all respects. I supplied the fabric and bemberg lining and came back in about a week / week and a half for a fitting. The jacket was ready a couple weeks after that so very quick. I had a great experience at the shop, very professional and no stylistic push back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads