• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

richard james, boateng, or spencer?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
spencer hart is only sold in bergdorfs i think, it is definitely not fused it is the finest cut i have ever tried on, including dior homme and has a bespoke quality about it.theres usually tons of stuff on sale and suits can be had for generally for about 1000 on sale

crackup[1].gif

Jon.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I heard Wintle was actually fantastic, really impressive stuff. However, apart from Horrids I don't know where it is sold.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who makes Boateng shoes ? I have pair of wholecuts form eBay but no sign of a country of origin. They have that slighty Berluti tretament with the sweeping stitching on the sides and an avatar style imprint in the quarter.

Ed355

Reaction score
They were once made by Jeffrey West, a second tier shoemaker in Northampton. Those shoes were under the Boateng brand. A few years ago he started modeling Berluti in his shop but under the Berluti brand. If your shoes have the Boateng brand, they are likely made by Jeffrey West.

Originally Posted by meister
Who makes Boateng shoes ? I have pair of wholecuts form eBay but no sign of a country of origin. They have that slighty Berluti tretament with the sweeping stitching on the sides and an avatar style imprint in the quarter.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
are his OTR, MTM, or bespoke available via manhattan NYC? perhaps bergdorf or barneys?

or is there a great bespoke tailor that specializes in these style of suit?

What about Duncan Quinn?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I would def prefer Duncan Quinn over Boateng. esp at the RTW level since Quinn has better made (full canvassed) suits and Boateng's "Bespoke Couture" upper line is still fused and costs the same as Quinn (about $2200), at least last time I checked

Jeffrey West also did the shoes for Duncan Quinn...but I think Quinn stopped rebadging them as his shoes and now just sell them in his store but as Jeffrey West

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Duncan Quinn was something I was contemplating when I wanted to get a MTM suit (I also had Jil Sander and Oxxford in the mix). I love the store, the guys are great (one actually lived in my dorms freshmen year of college..small world). My problem with Boateng is that it is too flashy in that tacky way. Like I would imagine some 50 year old sugar daddy in Miami wearing that to match his lil chica in Cavalli and Versace.

Medvald

Reaction score
Earlier this week I stopped at Richard James new bespoke store just opposite to his main store on SR. It is clear that there are differences in the way his different suits are made. They offer two MTM type of suits. What they call engineered suits at just over 1000 pounds. An Italian hand made suit starting at 1700+ pounds and the the full bespoke at ca. 2700 pounds. I do not know were his RTW suits are made but at the price I would expect them to have very little hand work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads