1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

richard james, boateng, or spencer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AvariceBespoke, Jan 15, 2007.

1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

are his OTR, MTM, or bespoke available via manhattan NYC? perhaps bergdorf or barneys?

or is there a great bespoke tailor that specializes in these style of suit?

What about Duncan Quinn?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I would def prefer Duncan Quinn over Boateng. esp at the RTW level since Quinn has better made (full canvassed) suits and Boateng's "Bespoke Couture" upper line is still fused and costs the same as Quinn (about $2200), at least last time I checked

Jeffrey West also did the shoes for Duncan Quinn...but I think Quinn stopped rebadging them as his shoes and now just sell them in his store but as Jeffrey West

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Duncan Quinn was something I was contemplating when I wanted to get a MTM suit (I also had Jil Sander and Oxxford in the mix). I love the store, the guys are great (one actually lived in my dorms freshmen year of college..small world). My problem with Boateng is that it is too flashy in that tacky way. Like I would imagine some 50 year old sugar daddy in Miami wearing that to match his lil chica in Cavalli and Versace.

4. Medvald

Medvald Active Member

Earlier this week I stopped at Richard James new bespoke store just opposite to his main store on SR. It is clear that there are differences in the way his different suits are made. They offer two MTM type of suits. What they call engineered suits at just over 1000 pounds. An Italian hand made suit starting at 1700+ pounds and the the full bespoke at ca. 2700 pounds. I do not know were his RTW suits are made but at the price I would expect them to have very little hand work.