• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rich dad poor dad question

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Rich Dad is just out partying and making deals with sub contractors. BOOM! Two million units!

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
^ Rich Dad is just out partying and making deals with sub contractors. BOOM! Two million units!

LOL!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Its an excellent book to take in the context its written, but as with many of the wealthy they're not willing to give up all the secrets, just enough to get you interested.

There is no "secret" to being wealthy.
Here's a few tips - Work hard, develop goals and strive to reach them, don't piss money away, be flexible and adaptable to the situation at hand.
When you get rich, you owe me $20 000.
tounge.gif

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Yeah one was his friends father, and it explains in one of his books that his "poor" dad had a very well paying job that later in his career fell out of favor and went broke.

His "rich" dad, or mentor became extremely wealthy.

I dont see where the fabrication is? Kiyosaki is very wealthy and very successful, he got there some how.

It seems that he never had a "rich dad" and that it was a fabrication to support the ideas he promulgates in the book. Kiyosaki wrote and self-published a book prior to "Rich Dad Poor Dad" in which he espouses precisely the same ideas but makes no mention of his "rich dad" whatsoever. As somebody above said, there's plenty of sites on the internet that debunk Kiyosaki's claims to have a rich dad, and his claims to be a wealthy and successful businessman prior to starting the whole "rich dad poor dad" business.

Most of these "I will tell you how to be rich" spruikers never were rich prior to starting businesses in which they tell gullible people how to be rich...

Kaizen

Reaction score
For anyone thinking of buying Rich Dad, Poor Dad, just go out and get Og Mandino's The Greatest Secret in the World. You get all the wealth-building principles you need, without drowning in the Kiyosaki Kool-Aid.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps "Rich Dad" was Wo Fat?

sry, gratuitous Hawaii 5-O reference...

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Perhaps Rich Dad is a pedophile.

Perhaps. But isnt this a bit of a non sequiter?

As far as becoming wealthy goes, its not complicated. Self made people dont have any "secrets". Thats all Da Vinci code nonsense. Here in the US its actually quite simple. Its a lot like losing weight and getting in shape. (and its no coincidence at all that whole sections of bookstores are devoted to weight loss as they are for get rich books. Also its no coincidence that these books tend to tell you what you want to hear) Sustained effort and sacrifice and a bit of luck. This along with applying yourself and constantly thinking about how you are going to improve your situation.
Thats it. People dont want to do it or they only make a half assed effort. Fatties will always be with us and so will people who just have to have a big screen tv and a new car.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps Rich Dad is a pedophile.

I kind of doubt it - his wife is pretty hot. They were sitting at the table next to mine at a luncheon a few months ago and she introduced herself to me while we were both waiting to talk with the speaker when it was over.

robert_and_kim.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Perhaps. But isnt this a bit of a non sequiter?

As far as becoming wealthy goes, its not complicated. Self made people dont have any "secrets". Thats all Da Vinci code nonsense. Here in the US its actually quite simple. Its a lot like losing weight and getting in shape. (and its no coincidence at all that whole sections of bookstores are devoted to weight loss as they are for get rich books. Also its no coincidence that these books tend to tell you what you want to hear) Sustained effort and sacrifice and a bit of luck. This along with applying yourself and constantly thinking about how you are going to improve your situation.
Thats it. People dont want to do it or they only make a half assed effort. Fatties will always be with us and so will people who just have to have a big screen tv and a new car.

Originally Posted by Bradford
I kind of doubt it - his wife is pretty hot. They were sitting at the table next to mine at a luncheon a few months ago and she introduced herself to me while we were both waiting to talk with the speaker when it was over.

robert_and_kim.jpg

It was a reference to the film Donnie Darko, which has a schlocky motivational speaker who is a pedophile.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
It was a reference to the film Donnie Darko, which has a schlocky motivational speaker who is a pedophile.

My bad - that's a movie I have never seen.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
The reason these authors are wealthy is simple -- we live in a world where most are beyond lazy, and fail to attempt anything that isn't presented to them in some sort of easy 3 step method. This is why inventors of miracle ab machines are millionaires...this is also why people fall victim to pyramid schemes on the regular.

This is not to say there isn't any value in reading the book because I believe there is, but it is important to understand that ones success cannot be derived from one experience/book.

Also, Donnie Darko is a great film.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

Sorry, I have never seen the movie. I did see a made for tv mini serfies called rich man poor man and there was a homosexual **** but nick nolte beat the culprits face in. This was years ago, before he apparently beat his own face in.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Sorry, I have never seen the movie. I did see a made for tv mini serfies called rich man poor man and there was a homosexual **** but nick nolte beat the culprits face in. This was years ago, before he apparently beat his own face in.

I guess the rich man raped the poor man, in numerous sense of the term.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

Actually, it was two brothers. One became rich and one ended up in the merchant marine witnessing homosexual rapes and beating people up. Bill Bixby played a neer do well alcoholic good time charlie loser. The guy that played the rich man ended up years later in commercials for Miracle Grow. Nick Nolte was the one who became a big rich movie star in real life and later became a bigger loser alcoholic than Bixby who is currently dead in real life.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
A liability. Unless it's an all-Glennie wardrobe, then it's a (very) long-term speculative investment

I use my Glennie wardrobe as a hedge against current market volatility.

This would make for an interesting movie. The "reality" of the movie would be the rich man ****** the poor man figuratively, pic your storyline, boss/employee, land developer/farmer etc. Then, we intersperse that with dream sequences where the rich man literally rapes the poor man. Might need to hire some Appreciation stars for the stunts but it can work. Cinematography would need to be dark, damp, lots of rain, maybe a coal mining town or Walmart annual meeting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads