• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Size 8Uk (Dark Brown)

Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Size 8Uk (Dark Brown)

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi. Are they still available?

Sorry, I thought for sure I had taken this down, but yes, unavailable. I do have a pair of used Maverick's in the same size, in a lighter shade of brown, that I'm planning on posting within the next week or two - price will be significantly lower due to pre-worn.

Achath

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Maybe the ones you will post next.

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Here is the link for the pre-owned Bestetti's:

I've only worn them from September 2018 - March 2019. Other than that, I stick to loafers. You'll also notice there are some scratches in the back heel which I assume would be the most visible of any wear.
As they're $1,300 retail and only worn a handful of times, I think $475 is fair. Shipping included.

Achath

Reaction score
Nice. However, you did wear them out in six months! Front of the sole and heel are a bit worn. Plus the back scratches. But you provided good pics without hiding anything. Thanks for that. Look, I am not trying to be picky but for these I am willing to pay one third of their list price or $430, shipping to Geneva-Switzerland included. Hope you agree.

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
There's definitely noticeable wear, but not to the extent of what you're suggesting. And yes, I did point out the scratches, which is the most noticeable, but all other signs of wear seen are expected even within the first few months. If this was one of the average shoemakers you see on every other post or so i.e. C&J, Carmina, etc., I'd easily accept that price, but as you know, these are an extremely rare find.

Achath

Reaction score
Sure, I know Bestetti, I have two pairs. And I don’t wear Carmina or C&J. Another Styleforum member is selling a brand new pair of Mavericks for 650 euros all in so 430 dollars all in for these I still believe is correct.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads