• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Size 8Uk (Dark Brown)

Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Size 8Uk (Dark Brown)

CmonArsenal

Reaction score

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
CmonArsenal updated Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Size 8Uk (Dark Brown) with a new update entry:

NEW (Size 8UK) Riccardo Bestetti Maverick - Dark Brown

Read the rest of this update entry...

ant922599

Reaction score
@CmonArsenal

I am possibly interested in these. Do you have the colour code, please?

And would you post to the UK? If so - any idea of cost, please?

Many thanks,
Ant

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi Ant,

Thank you for your interest. From my invoice, it states: "001F - AT last - Meleze french calf". Unfortunately, I do not have any record of the color code from searching through my email exchanges with Marco to the invoice itself.

The photos are an accurate depiction of the color. It's a very rich shade of dark brown, almost black in appearance.

Yes, I'm willing to do free shipping worldwide. Although, I don't want the headache or hassle of returns, so I have a no returns/final sale policy. So, PLEASE let me know if there are any size, color, material, etc. questions that we can sort through first in order to make this as simple as possible with one shipment.

-R

ant922599

Reaction score
Hi there

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand about the non return - I'm the same as otherwise these things can really drag on!

I don't own any Bestetti shoes yet, but have a number of G&G and Antonio Meccariello.

Do you have any fit comparisons with either of these (specifically Deco for G&G, or Chisel 2 for AM).

I also appreciate it is subjective.

And finally - and I hate to ask, but would you be amenable to put a modest value on the shipping in terms of the VAT/duty I will need to pay at this end?

Thanks again,
Ant

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi Ant,

Completely agree. It's better to just get it right the first time for both parties.

I'm not aware of my size in G&G or AM, but I have a few pairs of Crockett & Jones as well as Carmina. Below are the sizes:

C&J: 8.5UK
Carmina: 8UK

I will definitely consider paying a portion. What percentage would apply for an item like this?

-R

ant922599

Reaction score
Great - thanks.

Just in terms of the shipping - really all I can ask is that for the customs form, you give a smaller USD value. It is this figure on which my import duty (20%) will be charged. Perhaps something around $150-$200?

And finally - I am presuming these were c.$1200 Or so? I think they have a Blake RTW range that is cheaper, but these look to be the mid level (below Novocento?).

Sorry for all the questions - it's just that I am also looking at a couple of other options so want to try and get it right!

Many thanks,
Ant

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi Ant,

No problem - I can definitely add a smaller USD value. Still a bit unsure of the process of this, but happy to help here.

Correct, these were just over $1,200 but a bit more including the shoe trees, just under the Novecento line. Never heard of the Blake line to be honest - always thought there were just the two?

No need to apologize whatsoever. I'd be doing the exact same thing. Just to be transparent, I'm in no rush to sell these, but they are listed on other resell sites. I planned on wearing these for a wedding, but it was called off (fortunately, for one of my best friends!). So, just can't justify these boxed away in the closet.

-R

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi Ant,

No problem - I can definitely add a smaller USD value. Still a bit unsure of the process of this, but happy to help here.

Correct, these were just over $1,200 but a bit more including the shoe trees, just under the Novecento line. Never heard of the Blake line to be honest - always thought there were just the two?

No need to apologize whatsoever. I'd be doing the exact same thing. Just to be transparent, I'm in no rush to sell these, but they are listed on other resell sites. I planned on wearing these for a wedding, but it was called off (fortunately, for one of my best friends!). So, just can't justify these boxed away in the closet.

-R

Hi Ant,

Any other questions that I can help with?

-R

ant922599

Reaction score
Hi there - thanks for all the answers.

I'm just having a slight pause before making a decision. I appreciate they are listed elsewhere, and that you are in no rush to sell them.

I am supposed to be moving house in a fortnight and I know new shoes are not what is needed (!) But I am still building my rotation and when something good comes up I know one needs to be decisive.

Thanks for your patience...

Cheers,
Ant

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown looks almost black. How dark is this brown?

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Hi. Are they still available?

Sorry, I thought for sure I had taken this down, but yes, unavailable. I do have a pair of used Maverick's in the same size, in a lighter shade of brown, that I'm planning on posting within the next week or two - price will be significantly lower due to pre-worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads