• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alan Bee

Did you solve your issues in the end or are they still open?
Since Marco has received his money upfront, he shall finish the work he got the money for.
After that one might look at St.C
Cheers

Fortunately for me, I hadn’t yet commissioned anything at the time. But I did travel all the way from Dubai to see him in Milan for a fitting and perhaps a factory tour for bespoke shoes. After many text/email exchanges setting up the appointment, he stood me up at his office on a winter day in January in Milan without as much as a decent apology.

I called him out on here when another SF member based in Toronto brought up a similar incident. I had intended to let the matter off before that. Marco reaches out to me and asked me to retract my position on this board which I did after promises by him to make amends.

He then promptly disappeared and that was the end of it.

The man is no gentleman. His behavior is a stain on the legacy of Ricardo Bestetti whom I gather was a true gentleman.

Alan Bee

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fortunately for me, I hadn’t yet commissioned anything at the time. But I did travel all the way from Dubai to see him in Milan for a fitting and perhaps a factory tour for bespoke shoes. After many text/email exchanges setting up the appointment, he stood me up at his office on a winter day in January in Milan without as much as a decent apology.

I called him out on here when another SF member based in Toronto brought up a similar incident. I had intended to let the matter off before that. Marco reaches out to me and asked me to retract my position on this board which I did after promises by him to make amends.

He then promptly disappeared and that was the end of it.

The man is no gentleman. His behavior is a stain on the legacy of Ricardo Bestetti whom I gather was a true gentleman.

Alan Bee

...........................he disappeared after? jokes..

@P-K-L

I think detailed my experience with him (Marco) on here a few pages ago. He saw my post and contacted me and promised to make amends. Only to disappear once again. I even stepped in on his behalf to calm an aggrieved member (based in Toronto) on here who had a similar bad experience.

I’ve since moved on with Phillip Carr at St. Crispins for my semi-bespoke shoes and haven’t looked back. Phillip has shown what its means to be a professional and a gentlemen. Marco Facchinetti could certainly use a few lessons from Mr. Phillip Carr on both fronts.

Alan Bee

Funny, I did the same thing (order with Philip from St.C recently). Looks like we are on a similar journey.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...........................he disappeared after? jokes..

Funny, I did the same thing (order with Philip from St.C recently). Looks like we are on a similar journey.
@Encore

Indeed, Phillip just completed my third pair on a highly customized last. I have severe pronation (flat feet).

Phillips Carr has been a pleasure to work with even with the constraint of distance, he nailed my fit each time including the first trial pair.

Alan Bee

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Encore

Indeed, Phillip just completed my third pair on a highly customized last. I have severe pronation (flat feet).

Phillips Carr has been a pleasure to work with even with the constraint of distance, he nailed my fit each time including the first trial pair.

Alan Bee
That's promising, I am waiting for my trial:)

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
I stumbled across Riccardo Bestetti's legacy and brand after searching for sleek, handwelted shoes with a tight-waist. These pair of York Bestetti shoes are from Last & Lapel. While there are QC issues such as scuffs on the waist and blotchy/undyed sections of the sole's edge, I feel they are quite a nice looking pair of shoes for the price. The fit works okay as the Classic Square last seems modified for an Asian foot matching my low instep/flat American feet. The instep does feel especially low and the heel cup very small, however. I took Last & Lapel's advice to go down one half size from my regular UK sizing. I have yet to break them in so I cannot say more about comfort. These are RTW but there is no other forum for Bestetti. I gave them a quick polish, took some pictures for myself, and decided to share them here.

IMG_0754.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg
IMG_0762.jpg
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Hi all,

If I am a us10d size, should I be uk9e or uk8.5 rtw?

As from last & label advice 0.5 size smaller

My experience was that Last & Lapel is giving correct sizing advice in regards to their Riccardo Bestetti shoes on the Classic Square last. For their other models like the Almond Toe last, I have no experience wearing those shoes.

I’m right in between US 8.5D-9D, I took a UK 7.5 in standard width and love the fit. I have flatter than average feet and lower than average instep.

My concern is what is going on with Riccardo Bestetti’s company. It seems to be plummeting in quality and service. A recent retailer I’ve spoken to have said they decided to discontinue ordering Riccardo Bestetti shoes because the product/business relationship/etc is not satisfactory. From what I’ve seen here and from Instagram users correctly complaining about where their orders are and a lack of communication/delivery of product, I’m curious what the future is for this shoemaker. I enjoy my RTW shoes very much and wonder when it comes time for a resole who should I turn to?

Does anyone watching this thread have a plan on where their Riccardo Bestetti shoes will be sent once they need a resole?

Punt

Reaction score
Shame, Riccardo always was a brilliant mind! Also always had great experiences with him and his shoes still going strong!!

Tried to restart the relationship again with Marco, but I guess they to busy as I never received the mails promised - he owes me nothing, except one mail...

B4BC23D2-4142-411B-867F-4D4B858E4D4C.jpeg

Kobletas

Reaction score
I met Marco in a London trunk show last year and I am now very glad he never responded to my email with the specs of my order. I hear he ran away with a lot of people's money.

Punt

Reaction score
I met Marco in a London trunk show last year and I am now very glad he never responded to my email with the specs of my order. I hear he ran away with a lot of people's money.

Are you serious? I was not expecting that, especially because it looked like business was going well - thank god I also did not get anything back :)

Kobletas

Reaction score
Are you serious? I was not expecting that, especially because it looked like business was going well - thank god I also did not get anything back :)

Did you also get measured/inquire for an order?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, the instagram feed, which is usually quite active, has been silent since May.

Punt

Reaction score
Did you also get measured/inquire for an order?

Nope, I asked if he could find my last, as I already had plenty of bespoke orders from Riccardo - he said he would mail, but nothing. Not a big issue, as he simply not replied, again nothing paid, nothing ordered, just would have been nice if he would send the mail :)...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens. There was a whole discussion around working with bigger vs smaller companies, and the idea of ghosting/disappearing with smaller shops came up a whole bunch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads