1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

FWIW, it is only possible to crease where the toe puff ends. I am sure that aids i the shoe bending where it needs to.

2. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

[​IMG]

From Yohei Fukuda trial shoes It seems to much room for me, but I never had the pleasure to wear one of those.

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

No. It's about right amount of space allowance. Anything less will be too tightly fitted. And Japanese already prefer tightly fitted shoes.

1 person likes this.
  4. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

FWIW, the traditional toe allowance is 2 full sizes (a size equals 1/3 inch) on a wide round toe and 3 full sizes on medium round and more for narrow round. Having said that, the current fashion is for 'extended toe" lasts.

And having said that....within reason...toe clearance doesn't matter as long as the heel to ball length is correct.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

[​IMG]

So , do you think this kind of King of Sapeurs from Brazzaville has not problems at all while walking (they informed me that heel to ball fit lenght is correct) in those exotic booties?

6. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

You might note...if only because I don't say stuff I don't mean--at least not without a disclaimer, smiley, etc....that I did say "within reason."

7. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I got you, I just wanted to take my worries to something more relaxing (like King of Sapeurs), Thanks DW.

8. grc1

grc1 Senior member

They've arrived! Sexy brown suede shoebox, too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wore my G&G St James II's today - they're currently king of my collection, so it was interesting to see how the new young pretender measured up!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think I've ever been this excited over a pair of plain ol' black shoes - I think Riccardo hit it out the park with his execution!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  9. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Bestetti - I have been getting no response after 4 - 5 emails in the span of 2 months. Just wanted to check if he had changed his email address / anything of that sort.

Many thanks

10. wengxiah

wengxiah Active Member

Not changed.

11. Sam1193

Sam1193 Member

amazing!!
    and thanks for posting the photos that compare and contrast the G&G to the Bestetti. I find those photos quite helpful.

12. cgo

cgo Senior member

I too have been sending him a few emails over the last month or so with regards to progres of my shoes but have not received any response thus far. Anyone has recently (last few weeks) been in contact with Ricardo?

13. wengxiah

wengxiah Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Yes - I had an email conversation with Riccardo as recently as a week and a half ago.

15. cgo

cgo Senior member

16. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

The shop Spiga 3 in Gothenburg has just received stock of three RTW Hand welted models from Bestetti. A burgundy wholecut on chiseled 1966 last, Maverick adelaide in dark brown on classic round 1967 last, and the Boston derby in vintage tobacco on last 1967. Think it's the first time ever that Bestetti's shoes are available for direct purchase online. Price including lasted shoe trees is 9495 SEK (€1000), or for customers outside EU who can deduct the high Swedish VAT it's 7596 SEK (€800 / $880).

Visited the shop yesterday and took some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    4 people like this.
  17. bleu

bleu Well-Known Member

Great pictures Mr. Ingevaldsson. Got my trial shoes from Novecento line today [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Did you happen to try on your usual UK size? If so, what did you think of the fit? The sizing of the customer on the site is a little confusing as everything is basically a UK10 (although EG & GG are listed as wide) with a 9.5 Rain. No half sizes, and they say to size down, but that may be pushing it for me. Thanks.

19. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Yes, and I have my standard size in Bestetti's shoes as well, the same as I wear in most other makers lasts.

1 person likes this.
  20. bamboo

bamboo Senior member