• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revolve SSDS is Japanese!

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my SSDS arrived from Revolve today, and, to my surprise, the box didn't contain the flame selvage shown online, but the Japanese selvage, which most seem to like better. I am actually rather happy about this, as I might have bought those if I'd known where to get them. A question about Revolve, though: Have you ever gotten items missing tags? This pair was missing the tag on the back that has the model name and size. I really, really, really hate the thought of getting someone else's return, especially when it's not the last one in stock. So I ask you because if that is normal, no biggie, if it isn't, then I'd rather exchange.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You're welcome on the coupon haha. My rrds didn't come with a tag either and they looked like they were never even unfolded.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
You're welcome on the coupon haha. My rrds didn't come with a tag either and they looked like they were never even unfolded.

Thank you for getting the coupon straightened out. Actually, from when there was a problem with a previous order I still had a 25% off so I figured use that up, as I would never be buying a more expensive item than SSDS there. I do think that they should change the picture they have if for no other reason than the people who like the SSDS probably prefer the Japanese version to the flame and they'll sell more. For the rest of the world, they probably won't even know the difference between the two, but for those who know, chances are that the Japan version is what they'd want.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have no idea about the difference
crackup[1].gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
I have no idea about the difference
crackup[1].gif

The flame (shown on the site) is very streaky, and doesn't have the same contrast fading as the Japanese, which is the same denim as the Ralf. Go on their site and compare their SSDS to their RRDS, you'll see what I mean.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Is the pair you received rigid? I am considering purchasing SSDS from revolve and I am looking for the rigid denim. I can let you know about the tags after I bu them
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ahhhh I see, didn't know you guys called it flame haha. I'm a pants guy so excuse my ignorance
bigstar[1].gif
I like the j spec denim better too like you said.

Don't forget to use the coupon to get 20 off andy.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nastyandy
Is the pair you received rigid? I am considering purchasing SSDS from revolve and I am looking for the rigid denim. I can let you know about the tags after I bu them
smile.gif

They are as ridgid as I am when visiting the Playboy Mansion
biggrin.gif

nastyandy

Reaction score
Thanks, I shall be pulling the trigger tonight, and thanks for the coupon, JET!

thisisme

Reaction score
i believe nudies have been added to the exception list for coupons =\\

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My 60%, 40% and 20% coupons still work.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It was a joke like your boots
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads