• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of the Inaisce Sentinel coat

Auximenes

Reaction score
Alright, that's the first time that I am impressed enough with anything to take the time to write a short review.
Got that baller Inaisce coat and the results exceeded my expectations. Well, to be honest I didn't really know what to expect, since Inaisce are more famous for their 'Game of thrones' type of garments, as b!cd would say... However the look that featured that coat in the Inaisce AW13 lookbook had a different vibe. Still, it's called 'Sentinel coat' and features a throne collar, so....

Regardless, I had more or less given up on finding THE winter coat, after several disappointments (some Rick and KKA long coats, which I both returned due to questionable construction/quality and super skinny fit, and a Poeme Boehmien which was just very underwhelming).
Finally this is a long coat that's not cut for a heroin-addict junkie's body type. Size III will fit suit size 38 or slim 40 wonderfully. If you want to use it as an overcoat, size up one and you'll be all set. I tried both sizes and really both would be ok depending on how heavy/thick are the clothes that you'd want to wear underneath.
It can be worn with the throne collar popped up or down :

What was most striking when I got my hands on it was the weight : about 5 Lbs I was told !
Silk lining makes it super smooth/comfortable to put on and off. The shell fabric is wool, and the texture looks like granite/stone, and is VERY thick (about 1cm thickness - and more at the hidden placket obviously). Feels like an armor, I'm pretty sure it's Orc-arrows-proof.

The fabric alone sets it apart from anything I've seen (but granted im prolly more impressionable than many on this forum, as I am far from a fashion expert). Overall what I like is that it is not overdesigned, there are just a few details and they are rather quiet, you'd have to look closely to notice them : the metal buttons, body 'anatomical' seams (similar to some Devoa garments), sleeves/cuffs hooks and back vent. That's basically it.
The sleeves fastening system is pure delight :

The weight & stiffness of the fabric makes it very easy to 'mold' the collar shape that you want, whether you wear it popped up or not, and stays in place ALL THE TIME. A body armor suit, I told you.
Why I like it so much : the absence of extreme/goth details makes it actually pretty versatile. With collar down, it really just is a 'regular long coat that I can wear at work just like any peacoat or trench. With collar popped up and all buttoned up, you get more of the Fremen vibe, which is also cool if u're into that.

In the end, I became very interested in Inaisce stuff, and while I wouldn't be able to pull off most of their looks, I'll definitely keep an eye on them. ( also got some shoes that are drool worthy)
While researching more about the label, I was shocked and disappointed to learn that Jonas will stop ready to wear collections and will just focus on some collabs (mostly footwear)... I m hopeful that it will change..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads