• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revenge of the Sith

tsloop

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you guys have seen Revenge of the Sith and what you thought about it. I saw the 12:01 showing wednesday and I thought it was awesome, I can't wait to go see it again this weekend.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gee, I hope Anakin and Padme live happily ever after. Don't spoil it for me.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also saw the 12:01, and I also thought it was outstanding.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a step up from Episodes I and II (not saying much). One big quibble though. In Episode VI, Leia says that she remembers very little about her birth mother, but that her impression was that she was very sad, and died when she (Leia) was quite young. There is a direct contradiction between Episode III and Episode VI
sad.gif
not to give anything away. One more quibble - how could Yoda fail when Mace Windu (nearly) succeeds but for extenuating circumstances. Isn't Yoda supposed to be the toughest of the Jedi?

Alexis

Reaction score
Check out the review in this week's New Yorker. Hysterical.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a step up from Episodes I and II (not saying much). Â One big quibble though. Â In Episode VI, Leia says that she remembers very little about her birth mother, but that her impression was that she was very sad, and died when she (Leia) was quite young. Â There is a direct contradiction between Episode III and Episode VI Â
sad.gif
 not to give anything away. Â
Probably the Force ticking in to help her memories. Remember what Yoda told Luke about that in Empire. And Yoda's like 800 years old, man. Give the guy a break.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i haven't seen it yet, but i have heard from several sources that while it bests the first two episodes, compared to the original trilogy it falls short - particularly with respect to quality of writing and dialogue. i also heard the FX are pretty spectacular, which is to be expected.

PHV

Reaction score
I'm not a big starwars fan, but the swordfights were cool, and I can appreciate some of the drama.

However the love scenes were sickening and embarrasing. The one dialogue basically boiled down to the hot girl and pre-Darth Vader saying "I love you" "No I love you more". It was so forced and unbelievably embarrasing. This is probably because Lucas is still a virgin.

For something trying to be serious, there was too much slap stick humor.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... This is probably because Lucas is still a virgin. ....
that was funny.
thumbs-up.gif

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Lousy. Yeah, better than the first two (maybe just because all the action kept some of the god awful dialogue at bay), but still lousy. Why'd you guys above like it so much?

Qualms:
--Palpatine taking a whole 2 minutes of dialogue to turn Anakin, which involved convincing him to kill all his budies.
--The extent of the wookie panet's role seemed to be Lucas thinking "Hey, people like wookies."
--When did R2D2 become such a badass?
--Kenobi calling his droid R4, when it was obviously an R2 unit.
--No Boba Fett.
--And yeah, Lucas, we get the point: you like dismemberments.
--The whole movie was a friggin' cartoon.

I did like the final dialogue between Kenobi and Anakin, probably because Hayden Christensen didn't say anything and the job was left to the decent actor. The whole scene was done pretty well, I guess.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That review is pretty much spot-on. It's a shame that Lucas the Hutt's gigantic ego precluded him from dipping his ham-hands into every aspect ofthis now moribund franchise (watching the original trilogy was a fond childhood memory that has now forever been tainted by this talentless hack).

koji

tsloop

Reaction score
Lousy. Yeah, better than the first two (maybe just because all the action kept some of the god awful dialogue at bay), but still lousy. Why'd you guys above like it so much?
I think I liked it so much because I wasn't paying too much attention to the dialogue and I liked all the action scenes. Whenever the characters started having conversations I kind of shut it out and made up my own dialogue in my head of what they should have said. I don't usually go to action or sci-i movies for their dialogue anyway so if it's bad it doesn't usually bug me.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
George Lucas is not a virgin. But, he was not the coolest guy in high school. My ex's brother and he were best frineds in high school (American Graffitti is basically about those times; and my ex recognized some of the characters). In fact, George was my ex brother in law's campaign manager when he ran for class office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads