• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revenge of the Sith

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucas's four year old mentality regarding the prequels: "Gee, if people like a princes... they'll love a QUEEN." "And if they bought that a senator could be 19-20 years old, then they'll buy it that the leader will be FOURTEEN.. Yes, I'm a genius." "If people loved cute, bumbling Ewoks. God, they're gonna LOOOVE the bumbling, idiotic Gungans." "Boy, if people love a single-blade lightsaber, they'll love a double-blade lightsaber. Heck. Let's give them four blades at once." "Boy, if people love a cyborg villain with a cape and breathing problem, then they'll love one who is REALLY a cyborg and hacking up his non-existent lungs. He'll be a badder-ass than that putz Vader. MUWHAHAHAHA... FANS EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT...." (all the while he's masturbating to all the CGI effect scenes)
sarcasm.gif
dozingoff.gif
koji

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luke was holding his own against a parapalegic Anakin in a black suit.
You mean after he got his hand chopped off by said paraplegic, right? Yeah man fighting cripples really makes you a badass.
sarcasm.gif
Actually we can keep shooting back and forth but we're never going to agree. Holy hell did George Lucas steal your mother? Have fun burning your George Lucas effigies, I'm going to relax and remember that it was just a damn movie.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point, Lucas, in his muddled, addled and bloated brain, think he's constructed masterpieces. It's very offensive.

koji

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ROFL
"There's always a bigger fish."
A bigger fish eats the fish that was trying to eat them. Qui-Gon should be wiser than this. Can't he see the fault in his logic? How can there always be a bigger fish? I think a more accurate line would be: "There's usually a bigger fish." It's a lot like God making a boulder so heavy that he couldn't lift it. I think Qui-Gon's statement will one day be the focus of a great deal of University philosophical debate.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point, Lucas, in his muddled, addled and bloated brain, think he's constructed masterpieces. Â It's very offensive.
Your only recourse now is to hike over to Skywalker Ranch with a keyboard that shoots swords out of the front like the guzheng in Kung Fu Hustle, and play George Lucas one of your songs. Edit: Figured out what the thing was called

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New dialogue for the Extra special Edition DVD version of Ep IV:

Luke: I wish I'd known him.
Obi-wan: He was the best pod racer on tatooine, and a lucky fighter. And he was a good friend after he was no longer my apprentice.
Luke: How did my father die?
Obi-wan: When your father became evil, I confronted him and left him to be consumed by liquid hot lava on Mustafar. Which reminds me - I took this from your father's smouldering corpse... if he wasn't evil and immolated, he would have wanted you to have this when you were old enough but your uncle wouldn't allow it.

koji

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hiked 200 miles through the jungle with this hidden in ******...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Koji,

Actually there is precedence for R2 being a badass. I re-watched the original trilogy (well the SE DVDs) and R2 does zap people - well, aliens - on multiple occasions in the 2nd and 3rd movies. He also shoots luke's lightsaber into the air for him to catch when he's about to be executed by Jabba.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He doesn't fly around and he certainly doesn't single-handedly destroy droidekas with some heinous flamethrower (and why would droids be affected by fire anyway).

koji

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is why Luke throws away his lightsaber in Episode VI like that's what's being a Jedi is all about. In Episodes I - III, the Jedi turn their lightsabers on first and ask questions later. In Episode VI, all of a sudden Luke has to be Gandhi? WTF?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
total crap!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The real disappointment of Episode III is that the whole saga hinges on Anakin's moment of temptation. And Lucas totally blows it. It is not believable and conveys no real sense of tragic undoing. As such, it is the 13th note being struck by the clock. It casts everything else about the stories into doubt. If Lucas has so little pathos in him that he can not construct a plausible tale of hubris, temptation and betrayal out of the material he has, the whole thing falls apart and looks worse in retrospect than it did when you could still hope that somehow this story at the heart of everything would vindicate the series. It didn't help that Hayden was a callow, obnoxious kid. But Lucas's writing is the real failure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads