Returning to Ssense

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Xhale12, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

I returned my APC coat to Ssense today and it cost me 75$ to ship it back. Does ssense refund the shipping cost or is it on me to pay that fee? If I will have to pay that much everytime I return an item to them, this will be my last time shopping there.

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Sounds like it's your last time.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

So what, you want them to refund your money AND pay for your international return shipping?

4. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Assuming the good weren't faulty, are you being serious? :rotflmao:

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I would be happy that you got in touch with Ssense customer service to even set up the return. That is a feat in itself.

P.S. Do you live in Mongolia or something? When I shipped a pair of shoes from the US to Russia it was only $35.

P.P.S. They are going to take the original shipping charge out of your refund as well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I have a massive sense of entitlement. Would someone please come to my house and wipe my ass with dollar bills?

FTR, I have only had good experiences with Ssense and their customer service, including speedy replacement of a faulty piece of hardware on a jacket.

And frankly, I am frequently aghast at the flippancy with which people on SF treat returns. "I don't know the fit, so I ordered three different sizes, will return two of them or maybe all three if it doesn't blow me away" etc -- that is not what stores want or expect when they offer generous return policies. If this is your last time shopping at Ssense, I promise they won't miss you (unless you are a puppet of RFX or andrewgreg's)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. stevent

stevent Senior member

I don't think it's wrong if I consistently buy items from a store and return them to get correct sizing. Most of the time I know my size but sometimes a piece may run a little different and you need to try it out. If I'm at home, I'll just go to SF/Stanford and find a store carrying it but when I'm at college, I don't have a single store that really carries anything I'd be interested in. And half the time you could just sell an item for cost instead of dealing with returns.

Granted with a site like Mr. Porter, I just ordered a few items that I'm pretty sure won't fit. But at 80% off how can you resist? They definitely should make them final sale or return for store credit only, but after this sale, I wouldn't spend much money elsewhere as they have solid customer service and pretty quick shipping.

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I almost posted in this thread last night, but I resisted.
    Glad to see it wasn't necessary

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I agree.

I've only ever took advantage of the return policy once. I emailed the store asking for measurements of the garment. 5 days went by with no response so I just ordered both and returned the one that didn't fit. I hate it how some places don't respond when you ask for measurements. I've missed out on quite a few things this way before.