• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Returned from a week in Paris

malat

Reaction score
I returned recently from a week in Paris with the wife. We enjoyed some great weather and hospitality and we look forward to our next trip. Though my focus was food, in between cafe and restaurant stops, the wife and I did manage to get in a little shopping: Carmina on L'Opera was one of my must-visits. The young ladies working there were quite nice, despite my horrible French language skills . We discovered the sales ladies were Japanese and were happy to speak to my wife in Japanese while we were visiting. I originally wanted a pair of the two-tone suede/calf shoes posted a few weeks back, but they didn't have my size. I didn't leave empty handed though; I picked up a pair of cap-toe brogues on the rain last. See pics below. I can't emphasize enough how great this shoe shopping experience was. I must have tried on 6 different pairs of shoes before I settled on one, and they made us feel welcome for every second of our visit. We also visited Edward Green on St. Germain Du Pre. We were the only customers there for over an hour as we talked about everything from G&G to American hip-hop. This was my first experience with Edward Green shoes, so I was eager to try on many different pairs to examine fit and comfort. The Westminster in black calf was the first pair I tried on, and no subsequent shoe could take my mind off it. I was struck. I can see why it is so popular. It's a beautiful shoe. I had followed closely woe.is.me's experience at Charvet a week ago, so I was a bit pensive upon visiting. Funny anecdote -- we arrive 30 mins prior to closing and stood in front of the door a good 3 minutes while watching folks walk around inside. Then I recalled prior posts and pushed the door right open. Oops. Push, don't pull at Charvet -- it's open. We didn't have long because my wife wanted to visit a store nearby before closing, but once inside we were treated wonderfully by the sales personnel. I went upstairs (wow! shirt heaven...) and tried one of their OTR shirts, though I did not have time to discuss MTO options. We purchased a beautiful tie before leaving, but unfortunately we did not have time to return prior to departing Paris. Couple pics of the new kicks below.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice stuff/trip

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for sharing! Wonderful looking shoes.

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Im quickly getting a hardon for Carmina. Great choices!

Thanks! Indeed, that Carmina visit was almost worth the price of the trip alone. Really impressive store in a great neighborhood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads