1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Retail $398 NWT / NOS Brooks Brothers CLASSIC Khaki Poplin Summer Suit 40 L. *Store Display*

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by Typhoid Jones, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

SOLD!!!

PM with inquiries.

* This poplin suit is a past season's two-button version of the current BROOKSCOOL Madison fit three button poplin suit (which is sold-out).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DESCRIPTION: "The classic summer suit in lightweight, ultra-soft poplin. Made of combed cotton and COOLMAX polyester for added breathability. Inspired by Brooks Brothers' archives, the Madison suit is favored for its relaxed fit, natural shoulders, and easy-fitting trousers. Darted and slightly shaped through the chest with a center vent. Pleat front trousers. Dry clean. Imported."

CONDITION: 9 - 9 1/2 out of 10. This poplin suit is a former store display. It is NWT / NOS and is unworn and unaltered except for a loosely stitched temporary basted hem and cuff for display purposes.

[​IMG]

NO DISCOLORATION, NO DAMAGE, NO SMELLS, ETC.

SIZING / MEASUREMENTS: It is marked a size 40 L x 34 W.

[​IMG]

Jacket:

• Shoulder: 19 inches.
    • P2P: 21 1/2 inches.
    • Sleeve: 25 1/4 inches.
    • Length (BOC): 32 1/2 inches.

Trousers:

• Waist: 17 (3 inches extra).
    • Inseam: 28 1/2 inches (1 1/2 inches extra).
    • Outseam: 40 1/4 (with the same 1 1/2 inches extra as the inseam).

This is a wonderful opportunity to own a NWT / NOS BB khaki poplin summer suit for well below its original retail price. Thanks for taking the time to read this and please take a look at my other B&S listings. -M-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012

2. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior member

Inseam: 28 1/2 inches (1 1/2 inches extra).

Gee, max of 30 inches in the slacks...? :eh:
    Sure wish we had more to work with. It's a nice suit.

3. aglass

aglass Well-Known Member

Wow. Really thought I'd buy it until I saw the inseam :(

4. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ The Madison fit tends to have a higher rise and because of this, the inseam is not always indicative of the actual overall length of the leg. I usually have a 30" inseam in jeans and low-rise trousers, but wear a 28" or 29" on my suit pants and some trousers with a normal rise. It may help to compare the outseam of a pair of trousers that you own with a normal rise (11 - 12 inches) that fit you well against the measurements that I provided in the B&S listing.

Either way, thanks for looking!
    -M-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.