1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Retail $398 NWT / NOS Brooks Brothers CLASSIC Khaki Poplin Summer Suit 40 L. *Store Display*

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by Typhoid Jones, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

SOLD!!!

PM with inquiries.

* This poplin suit is a past season's two-button version of the current BROOKSCOOL Madison fit three button poplin suit (which is sold-out).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DESCRIPTION: "The classic summer suit in lightweight, ultra-soft poplin. Made of combed cotton and COOLMAX polyester for added breathability. Inspired by Brooks Brothers' archives, the Madison suit is favored for its relaxed fit, natural shoulders, and easy-fitting trousers. Darted and slightly shaped through the chest with a center vent. Pleat front trousers. Dry clean. Imported."

CONDITION: 9 - 9 1/2 out of 10. This poplin suit is a former store display. It is NWT / NOS and is unworn and unaltered except for a loosely stitched temporary basted hem and cuff for display purposes.

[​IMG]

NO DISCOLORATION, NO DAMAGE, NO SMELLS, ETC.

SIZING / MEASUREMENTS: It is marked a size 40 L x 34 W.

[​IMG]

Jacket:

• Shoulder: 19 inches.
    • P2P: 21 1/2 inches.
    • Sleeve: 25 1/4 inches.
    • Length (BOC): 32 1/2 inches.

Trousers:

• Waist: 17 (3 inches extra).
    • Inseam: 28 1/2 inches (1 1/2 inches extra).
    • Outseam: 40 1/4 (with the same 1 1/2 inches extra as the inseam).

This is a wonderful opportunity to own a NWT / NOS BB khaki poplin summer suit for well below its original retail price. Thanks for taking the time to read this and please take a look at my other B&S listings. -M-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Dr Nemo

Dr Nemo Senior member

Inseam: 28 1/2 inches (1 1/2 inches extra).

Gee, max of 30 inches in the slacks...? :eh:
    Sure wish we had more to work with. It's a nice suit.

3. aglass

aglass Well-Known Member

Wow. Really thought I'd buy it until I saw the inseam :(

4. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ The Madison fit tends to have a higher rise and because of this, the inseam is not always indicative of the actual overall length of the leg. I usually have a 30" inseam in jeans and low-rise trousers, but wear a 28" or 29" on my suit pants and some trousers with a normal rise. It may help to compare the outseam of a pair of trousers that you own with a normal rise (11 - 12 inches) that fit you well against the measurements that I provided in the B&S listing.

Either way, thanks for looking!
    -M-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.