1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Results of the Scottsdale, AZ trip

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Wow - that looks great!

Way too nice for Tucson [​IMG]

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Wow - that looks great!

yeah, this is a NYC/ Chicago suit, not an AZ suit. I have to admit, i normally only wear it when visiting a larger city.

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

ok, here's the new suit-- sleeves still have to be adjusted, the NM in Scottsdale doesn't have the ability to do handstitched sleeve buttonholes, so I'll have them shortened and finished by my favorite tailor in Atlanta.

photos aren't very good, will have to have the wife take a photo in the living room for better lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

damn you're lucky RTW fits you so well. So you don't have any problems with the drop in the trousers?

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

[​IMG] given my tiny butt, I guess the trousers weren't a problem-- looked pretty good with the braces, although higher on the waist than they were intended for.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Foxx, the suit looks great.

7. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

thank you! the sleeves feel really long on the suit, really need them trimmed down-- they're really bunched up on me right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to photograph the unique stitching hidden by the lapels; don't think I have a suit with this type of stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

suit and tie both look superb foxx. the suit a zegna milano right?

9. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Omar--

Nope, Brioni. I think the model is NM Nomenta, or something like that.

10. Rollo Tomasi

Rollo Tomasi Member

Omar--

Unfortunately, the photos do not do justice to the unique hand of the suit, since it's a bit lighter blue. It looks like a dashing combo. Be mindful of the tie, as the light blue weave tends to snag.

11. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

Omar--

well it looks amazing foxx. congrats.

12. Thorn Proof

Thorn Proof Senior member

Omar1223, nice avatar.

13. Thorn Proof

Thorn Proof Senior member

Wow - that looks great!

Ya know, I said F it when I visited Tucson on business and ordered up a couple of seer sucker MTM with a couple of mohair MTM and wore it all between late May through early August then had to step down a little; e.g. cotton suit, silk shirt, no tie, english benchmade slip ons, no socks, always a pocket square; to accompdate for the dry 114 degrees. Afterwards, ordered up an extra dry Belvidere Martini and jumped in the pool at the Hacienda del Sol.

14. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Ya know, I said F it when I visited Tucson on business and ordered up a couple of seer sucker MTM with a couple of mohair MTM and wore it all between late May through early August then had to step down a little; e.g. cotton suit, silk shirt, no tie, english benchmade slip ons, no socks, always a pocket square; to accompdate for the dry 114 degrees. Afterwards, ordered up an extra dry Belvidere Martini and jumped in the pool at the Hacienda del Sol.

no sooner had i read your post, than we went deep into monsoon season! I think the high today was in the 70s, overcast and rainy!

yep, assume i'll be wearing this and my other suits a lot more in 2009, when I hopefully move back east (likely the NE) for work.

15. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Wow - sounds like an impressive look, but you were clearly from out of town [​IMG] Tucson has always been pretty casual, in fact when I was a kid, long-time Mayor Lew Murphy (4 terms, 16 years) would always declare the guayabera as the official shirt of summer and that it was acceptable for all business wear. [​IMG] Once in a while you'll still see some of the older attorneys wearing guayaberas to court in the summer. P.S. I love that the monsoon is here! It's the best part of summer.