1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by username79, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

I didn't mean for you to take it personally, btw. I was just very surprised. Your diet example contained not nearly the amount of food someone as active as you needs to function at their best--especially someone who claims they are mesomorphic.

Nothing wrong with any of those activities. I wish I did more of them.

I know it's been beaten to death, but if you're new to lifting give starting strength or another simple 5x5 program a go. Up your calories a bit (250-500cals/week) and see how you put on weight. Assuming you truly are mesomorphic, you shouldn't have a problem putting on a TON of quality muscle relatively quickly. Good luck!

Squats, deadlifts, and presses measure real strength, btw!

I didn't take it personally [​IMG]

I think you are getting me confused with someone else, probably the OP, which I am not [​IMG] I just posted cause I was the same weight as the OP and thought I'd add that 6'2" 160 can be healthy. I was once a collegiate light weight rower, then competitive trail runner so thats my weight was low.

I never posted a diet, my diet is ok-ish. But nothing like the OP's, thats crazy intense and not something I could do. I'm not new to lifting, its just been 5 years, I'm pretty sure I can get some good weight on me on my own, if I can't then I get to cry to SF about it.