• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Restaurants in South Lake Tahoe

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some restaurant reviews for the South Lake Tahoe area. I want a nice atmosphere (somewhat romantic) with good food. I'm trying to decide where to go but worry that lots of these places, especially those with views, are tourist traps.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is vague, but there used to be a killer/great/perfect restaurant on the road to Kirkwood. It's maybe 5-10 miles towards s. lake tahoe from Kirkwood (closer to K than Tahoe).

It's right at a 90 degree (or so) turn to the right as you are headed towards Kirkwood.

You might be able to find it via google maps, etc..

Loved the place if it is still there. Couldn't find what I wanted in s. lake tahoe, but this place out by kirkwood was killer.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^there are quite a few restaurants in between. Can you tell me what kind of food they served of may do a google maps search and see if anything rings a bell?

Based on research I've been looking at Evan's American Gourmet Cafe, but am open to other suggestions.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not what you're looking for, but here are two I enjoyed:

Big Daddy's Burgers: Decent burgers, a decent atmosphere, and good prices
Fasta Pasta: Well priced and tasty Italian fast food

Fasta Pasta is located in the back of a liquor store, which adds to the experience.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never done the fine dining thing in South Lake, North Lake, or Reno for that matter. But here's a funny article.
The Awful-Awful burger startles you. For $3.50, you're not expecting this behemoth. A pillowy bun, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and a half-pound of chuck perfectly charbroiled to medium - all of this resting on a mound of fries that are cut slim, the way you like them. The burger gets better with every bite, and with two bites left, enough of its juices have seeped into the bun to make the final morsels soft and smoky without being soggy. You like this, too. Very much.
http://www.gotorenotahoe.com/news/st...05/05/1738.php

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
There is a Chart House in Tahoe and then I think they opened up a nice place on top of Harrah's.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked on google maps... the location is either the turn in rte 88 that is right at the edge of the eldorado forest - or the Tahoe side of the little lake that 88 sort of goes around. If you figure out the name, let me know. I want to go back.

I don't recall the exact type of place. It seemed varied. Steak with sauce, fish, probably a little italian, too. It was not an "italian" place or a "steak" place.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40