Restaurant Recommendations

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by drizzt3117, Nov 15, 2004.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

To the NYC crowd: Any places to recommend for Thai/Asian fusion or Mexican food? Location isn't really a big deal (in Manhattan) as long as the place has good food, dessert, drinks. Looking to stay at about ~$50/person, but if its a bit more, its not a huge deal.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I like Pampano in that price range for nouveau Mexican in midtown east. Thai - you can go with something like Vong for the same price-range.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Anyplace to get a good cocktail in Cincinatti on a Sunday night? Will be there on a whirlwind business trip day after tomorrow.

4. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Try Pigall's Twist. I've never been there, but I know Jean-Robert and I'm sure it's great.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Try Pigall's Twist. I've never been there, but I know Jean-Robert and I'm sure it's great.
    Chicago -- that sounded great, especially when I started reading reviews....but.....wait for this: It closed in February, and there was a fire there last week. Weird. ~ H Edit: As it's Sunday night, and options are limited, it's down to Orchids or Via Vite. I think Orchids tonight, and dessert at Via late Monday (after I take some photos of that stunning Roebling bridge).

6. GekkoHQ

GekkoHQ Member

Anyone in London with recomendations? I'm in Oxford so I don't get to London a whole lot, but will be in the Nottinghill area next week. recomendations for a meal with the fiance? Any one needs a place to eat in Oxford, let me know. I have that area covered [​IMG]

7. GekkoHQ

GekkoHQ Member

I had dinner with my Fiance last night at the Malmaison in Oxford. It's a gorgeous restaurant inside the walls of an 18th century Prison that has been converted into a luxury 5 star hotel. Great food, good service and fantastic sorroundings. Recommended.

8. shq

shq Member

Anyone know of any good restaurants in Riverhead, Long Island??

Going on a date Friday night...

Thank you!

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

10. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

If anyone is ever in Sydney, Australia - I recommend Quay restaurant. I have never had a bad experience there (though their carpet should be refurbished).

11. GekkoHQ

GekkoHQ Member

If anyone is ever in Sydney, Australia - I recommend Quay restaurant. I have never had a bad experience there (though their carpet should be refurbished).

I have family in Sydney so I'll recommend that. What's great about it? Being in Sydney is an immediate plus point for me..

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Any Recc's for cheap eats in L.A?

13. NS88

NS88 Well-Known Member

To the NYC crowd: Any places to recommend for Thai/Asian fusion or Mexican food? Location isn't really a big deal (in Manhattan) as long as the place has good food, dessert, drinks. Looking to stay at about ~$50/person, but if its a bit more, its not a huge deal.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Vong is perhaps one of the best Thia/Asian Fusions restaurants in the city. I promise you won't leave disappointed. Trust me, Jean Georges can do no wrong. Kittichai in Soho is another great place, but I very highly recommend Vong. I'm not much of a Mexican kind of guy, but there is a great place next to my apartment in the UWS called Rosa Mexicano. It's a bit avante-garde for Mexican standards, which is nice. It's no Taco Bell, haha.

14. GekkoHQ

GekkoHQ Member

Hi there - thought I'd contribute this conversation - theres this website called Gekko.com and it recommends (all the classy restaurants as well as those which are good value for money) on the basis of suiting your personality. Its great deff plans my life out for me. Hope it helps - check it out.

15. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Any Recc's for cheap eats in L.A?
    LA is a pretty big area.... Din Tai Fung is great in Pasadena. There's a lot of other good cheap asian food around the city. If you're in BH, I had lunch at La Scala and enjoyed it. It's pretty reasonable considering its a bit of a "scene" in terms of see/be seen. I was not fond of Roscoe's chicken and waffles, although it is an institution. Fonz's in Manhattan Beach is owned by former AVP star Mike Dodd and has a great reputation, although I've not eaten there myself. And forget cheap... Nobu Malibu was totally worth the money [​IMG]