• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Recommendations

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be in Singapore for a couple months this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations there, including nightlife?

Vaclav

Reaction score
Whoopee,

Do you know what;s inside that "Trio" place,not far from the La Colombe?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
I may be in Singapore for a couple months this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations there, including nightlife?
for the best nightlife in Singapore go to Thailand
smile.gif
Better yet, fly two hours north and hang out with me drinking is crazy crazy expensive in Singapore, the clubs are pretty sterile (hell, the whole country is pretty sterile) Great street food though - dont miss the Laksa in Katong, the Beef Kway Teow on Lorong 9, Roti Prata at the place by West Coast Park, and the Mee Goreng at the 24 hr Indian Muslim place on River Valley Rd.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Tria is a wine bar. They feature fine, constantly changed cheese, wine, and beer lists. Also an Italian/Mediterranean menu, which is pretty serviceable. A cozy, casual little place. Recommended.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks m@t - I wouldn't mind visiting Saigon for a Dung.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Thanks m@t - I wouldn't mind visiting Saigon for a Dung.
while I am reliving Singaporean food memories, add the chilli crab and black pepper crab place to the not-to-be-misseds - on Mountbatten Rd from memory. Also - the Indian fish-head curry on Racecourse Rd is really good. Restaurant called Banana Leaf. and more than happy to take you for a Dung-to-remember up here
smile.gif

Vaclav

Reaction score
A cozy, casual little place. Recommended.

Can you feel comfort, eating alone?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. If you like, we may visit after grappa and espresso at La Colombe.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But also, there is a bar and you may chat with the staff. Or enjoy your comfort.

Vaclav

Reaction score
But also, there is a bar and you may chat with the staff. Or enjoy your comfort.
That sounds nice, I think I'll be the week after next. Are you only free the weekends?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabulous. I am a student: I'm always free.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if you often find yourself in that area, and given your liking for oysters, Sansom Street Oyster House is a couple blocks away at Sansom St, between 15th and 16th.

Vaclav

Reaction score
Fabulous. I am a student: I'm always free.

I thought you were in business.

Also, if you often find yourself in that area, and given your liking for oysters, Sansom Street Oyster House is a couple blocks away at Sansom St, between 15th and 16th.

Thank you, I was told of there, but never attended.Have you been to the sushi place,on Sansom, near the hotel?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you in business?

There are a few on Sansom. The best traditional Japanese restaurant in Center City (excluding Morimoto) is between 17th and 18th called Genji. There, you may find comfort, eating alone at the sushi bar. I myself eat, and order, from there often. Among the cooked dishes, hamachi kama (yellowtail collar) is one of my favourites.

Next door is a small creperie - really quite good and charming. I believe the owner is a young French lady; or at least last time I went she served me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads