• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaraunt/bar with live music in San Diego?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have ideas? I'm looking to get some food and drinks, and have some live music in the background.

The girl I'm going with is really into music, so I'm looking for places like your typical lounge, but with some kind of music to liven things up a little.

North County would be best, either on the coast or inland, but I don't mind driving it the place is worth it.

Thanks!

slappy

Reaction score
Up north isn't really known as a hip area, so Im not sure where you would go. La Jolla might have some spots as UCSD is there. Solana Beach maybe also, though I only know it for Pizza Port.

As for your question, the hip music spots in San Diego are in Hillcrest and its neighbor North Park. Hillcrest is more upscale and North Park is more hipster indie. The Ruby Room in Hillcrest is kind of a funky dive bar that has live music. There are many places in North Park to choose from that have live music ranging from indie rock to electronic music. Other places that have music are South Park to a lesser extent. Ocean Beach I believe has some venues, and probably Pacific Beach though I don't know the area well. Then of course you have downtown ranging from the bourgeois gaslamp, to the hip Little Italy section, to the more seedier areas.

Edit: Oh I see you want food also. Well a few places in North Park have great food, drinks and also have music. Unfortunately I can never remember the name of any of them I just know them by sight when I stumble into them. Im sure Gaslamp and Little Italy would have something like that.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed with the other poster. I'd head to the Gaslamp, which will be your best bet for the nicest ambiance and provide you with what you're looking for.

The Gaslamp Strip Club is one of my favorite places in the country, and should be a fun experience for you guys since you'll get to cook your own food. If you're both drinkers, their martini selection is out of this world.

God I miss living there....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads