• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Resole Yuketen shoes

gululv

Reaction score
I got my Yuketen Ranger Mocs about 1,5 years ago, but the crepe sole is already starting to fall apart. I must admit I have worn them a lot (probably about five times a week, maybe more, except during winter). Still I'm a little dissappointed the quality of the soles isn't better. I heard some talk of a production fault, is this right? Also, can you send the shoes back to Yuketen for re-soling?

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gululv
I got my Yuketen Ranger Mocs about 1,5 years ago, but the crepe sole is already starting to fall apart. I must admit I have worn them a lot (probably about five times a week, maybe more, except during winter). Still I'm a little dissappointed the quality of the soles isn't better. I heard some talk of a production fault, is this right? Also, can you send the shoes back to Yuketen for re-soling?

uh 1.5 years, 5 x per week is ALOT of wear

hooya2

Reaction score
my sole started to tear apart within months. I'm not too happy with yuketen

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crepe soles are known to wear quickly, do wear quickly, and should be expected to wear quickly.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
crepe soles are known to wear quickly, do wear quickly, and should be expected to wear quickly.

+1. Not to mention they dirty up quickly too and become impossible to clean after. Just for kicks, I asked a local shoe repair shop if he can repair crepe sole. He said yes, about $70 for the job. The only shoes I have with crepe soles are Clarks DB's, which cost around 90 each, so resoling in my case wasn't worth it.

racknac

Reaction score
I was told by a sales person their yuketen shoes with crepe soles got recalled because they were falling apart... I guess I would stay away from the crepe soles. I have their surfer mocs and they are the most comfortable shoes i've ever had. Want to get some of their boots.

jhoo04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
I was told by a sales person their yuketen shoes with crepe soles got recalled because they were falling apart... I guess I would stay away from the crepe soles. I have their surfer mocs and they are the most comfortable shoes i've ever had. Want to get some of their boots.

Yes the opening ceremony sales associate said the two tone blue ranger mocs were recalled because of the crepe sole issue. As or right now...as beautiful as they are I am going to stay away.

rrosals

Reaction score
My ranger mocs are holding up great although I don't wear them as hard as the OP. I am curious on the resoling solutions.

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rrosals
My ranger mocs are holding up great although I don't wear them as hard as the OP. I am curious on the resoling solutions.

I contacted Meg Company, Yuketen's parent company, about resole options on my country rangers before I purchased them knowing that I wear crepe soles easily. At first they told me they did not offer this service, but then contacted me latter to revise that, stating that they would and that it would cost $150 to replace the sole and the sole bed that the sole attaches to. The ranger mocs don't have this bed so maybe it would be cheaper. Looking at the angler moc with crepe sole it looks like this is sewn with a goodyear type welt so maybe these are easiler to replace. Either way, the folks at Meg Company usually respond to such inquiry promptly.

Good luck and let us know what they tell you. It would be nice if they offered a refurbishing service like Quoddy and Alden. The shoes are expensive and I would like to wear them for more than the 3 years I think I will get out of them.
Cheers

gululv

Reaction score
Yes, I should try to contact them. I maybe overexaggerated how much I have used the shoes, but I have anyway worn them a lot. The price of these shoes were quite high for me, so I would like them to last longer than 1,5-2 years. That's more what I expect from a brand like Clark's. Thanks for your response!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.