• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resale values of fatcats' favorite suits on e-Bay

Warrengardner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While relisting some things I took a look at resale prices of some favorite suits (new and used) over the past week on e-Bay and here are results:

Tom Ford 7 sold avg price $1,156

Borrelli 1 sold $ 1000

Kiton 16 sold avg price $ 911

Attolini 3 sold avg price $ 879

Stile Latino 3 sold avg price $ 879 ( all the attolini suits sold in this week)

Sartorio 4 sold avg price $ 844

Partenopea 2 sold avg price $ 617

Isaia 14 sold avg price $ 505

Belvest 3 sold avg price $ 401

Brioni 22 sold avg price $ 389

Caruso 3 sold avg price $ 353

Gucci 16 sold avg price $ 333

Etro 3 sold avg price $ 326

Boglioli 2 sold avg price $ 324

RLBL 3 sold avg price $ 277

RLPL 10 sold avg price $ 276

Dolce Gabbana 15 sold avg price $ 275

Canali 62 sold avg price $ 261

Zegna 70 sold avg price $ 210

Savile Row 8 sold avg price $ 200

Oxxford 20 sold avg price $ 192

Corneliani 17 sold avg price $ 187

Hickey Freeman 74 sold avg price $ 126

Brooks Brothers 81 sold avg price $ 95

Luciano Barbera 2 sold avg price $ 63

Please comment- I know some of the numbers sold were too low to be valid samples and NWT, NWOT and preowned are all mixed together in raw sample leading to some strange situations- RLBL avg price above RLPL !

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
All I can say is, where are all these sub-$300 Oxxford, RLPL, and Canali suits in my size?
musicboohoo[1].gif

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Thats interest, but I think that new and used, recent and vintage need to be divided. I my opinion, used Kiton & Brioni go for about 6%-8% of the claim of retail used, and I've gotten some really nice vintage pieces for $100. Hermes go for at least three times as much for both recent and vintage.

I've also notices that Kiton goes for about twice as much as Brioni, even though they are similar quality.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... used Kiton & Brioni go for about 6%-8% of the claim of retail used...

I once sold a couple of used Brioni suits in 38R/S sizes and was amazed to get - IIRC - about £400 for each. This was a long time ago, but it really stuck in my mind as an exceptionally good price (from a seller's perspective!). I think eBay values have fallen since then; at least, that's my impression, although admittedly I check only very occasionally nowadays. I don't know whether it counts as a "fatcat suit"(!), but I'm interested to see what the used bespoke Ede I'm currently selling will get. I genuinely have no idea how to value it, so put it up at 99p/no reserve a couple of days ago. It's already got bids, but I've no idea what the actual market value is.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While relisting some things I took a look at resale prices of some favorite suits (new and used) over the past week on e-Bay and here are results:

Please comment- I know some of the numbers sold were too low to be valid samples and NWT, NWOT and preowned are all mixed together in raw sample leading to some strange situations- RLBL avg price above RLPL !

Can you link your ebay store?

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Agree that mixing used and NWT makes the comparison totally meaningless. The number is entirely driven by the ratio of used to NWT in your sample.

Warrengardner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree about the NWT, NWOT, Pre-owned mix, but interesting how the suits which are always at the top of SF polls are also the suits bringing highest re-sale value, with exception of Oxxford. Why ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads