• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro 40s-style high-waisted sack pants?

bigbrother690

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a lot of these, ideally sold from the US (for easy returns/exchanges as needed). I've searched far and wide and while I can find more 50s-/rockabilly-style ones, I can't find these. Tips? Thanks!...

(Their men's trousers aren't really correct but their ladies' are spot on.)

Bonus points if they also carry Oxford bags! :)

Thanks so much all!!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’ve posted at least three threads asking about 40’s and 50’s style men’s clothing.

you may want to check this out:

Probably a better resource as for most here it’s more costume.

bigbrother690

Reaction score
You’ve posted at least three threads asking about 40’s and 50’s style men’s clothing.

you may want to check this out:

Probably a better resource as for most here it’s more costume.
Thanks? That site is:

- Exactly what I said I could already find and wasn’t after (rockabilly wear)
- Their few 40s trousers are indeed costume-looking and all wrong (the rise alone is inaccurate and off)
- They’re in the UK, which I mentioned I wasn’t interested in
- What I *am* interested in is not costume wear. If you look at a lot of the purveyors above, theirs are traditional British patterns in wool, not bowling shirts and wallet chains. I would think someone interested in men’s sartorial stylings would at least know what 40s suits and patterns look like and where current designs come from.

I’m sorry my costume taste and torrent of “at least three” threads have offended your sensibilities and overloaded your ISP bandwidth. My bad.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks? That site is:

- Exactly what I said I could already find and wasn’t after (rockabilly wear)
- Their few 40s trousers are indeed costume-looking and all wrong (the rise alone is inaccurate and off)
- They’re in the UK, which I mentioned I wasn’t interested in
- What I *am* interested in is not costume wear. If you look at a lot of the purveyors above, theirs are traditional British patterns in wool, not bowling shirts and wallet chains. I would think someone interested in men’s sartorial stylings would at least know what 40s suits and patterns look like and where current designs come from.

I’m sorry my costume taste and torrent of “at least three” threads have offended your sensibilities and overloaded your ISP bandwidth. My bad.

chill out dude. I’m not offended. Just trying to be helpful. Perhaps adopt the attitude of a dude from the 40’s and 50’s and grow thicker skin before worrying about dressing the part.

anyway, good luck finding what you’re looking for.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Try the period clothing sub-fora on the Fedora Lounge; it's much more of a US-centered crowd and they might have some solid suggestions.
Re. price, if you are looking for quality execution, decent fabrics and a mid-Centruy cut, I doubt you'll find much under 175-250 US$. It's not exactly a mass market...

I've been quite happy with SJC but I'm UK based.

FWIW, I think a lot of people on this forum order internationally. It's not that big a deal.

Lastly, if you have a sample product you feel comfortable shipping internationally, Luxire has a very solid reputation and is excellent value.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Scott Fraser ever have sales or do discount codes? Some of that stuff looks fantastic, but a bit on the pricey side

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured that, but when I went to checked out, it asked if I had a discount code, so I thought I'd see if anyone knew of one. Too late now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads