• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[REPOSTED IN STREETWEAR & DENIM] Boss Orbor Okay to wear with Raw Denim?

ErikW

Reaction score
I like apparently quite a few other folks on this forum have been stuck in the jeans/sneakers phase since...well, forever. I'm just not totally sure I can pull off a pair of boots or shoes with jeans when I'm bumming around town with friends.

Are these Boss Orbor's okay? Or should I just put aside my reservations and look for a nice pair of shoes?

If so, anyone have any recommendations on brands?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will get many more useful responses in the Streetwear and Denim forum. You should probably try posting this there.

ErikW

Reaction score
Good call! Reposted, not sure how to delete though.

Von Franz

Reaction score
I suggest you buy some Adidas Sambas or Tretorn Nylites instead of those, if it's sneakers you want.
They're more classic-looking; most low-top sneakers from Boss, Diesel, et cetera, are hard to tell apart and don't look too good from an objective point of view. (I say this, of course, with the utmost respect.)

A good intermediate shoe may be a Russell or Quoddy camp moccasin, or a Wallabee or Desert Boot from Clark's.

Any dressier option depends on what the rest of your current clothing looks like.
Do you feel that you have enough clothes you can wear with wingtips, loafers, or other "nice shoes?"
These shoes will go best with chinos, straight-cut dark jeans, oxford cloth button-down shirts, sweaters, and those kinds of things, and it's important to maintain a balanced wardrobe.

If you've got that, you should check out some shoes from Alden or Allen Edmonds.
Both brands will provide you with plenty of very respectable options.

-VF

ErikW

Reaction score
Never really been much for Chinos, but the jeans part I'm set with. Just picked up a pair of Momotaro 0701s. As for shirts, usually I wear t-shirts, polos, henleys, and occasionally sweaters (I live in Texas, so a warm climate). I only have a couple of button down shirts and they're short-sleeve. Might be another hole in the ole' wardrobe.

Von Franz

Reaction score
In that case, you should be all set to get the shoes once you pick up some long-sleeved ones.
Good luck.

-VF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads