Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Repost - Corneliani three-piece photographs

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, May 27, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Per DocHolliday's request. As before, ignore the horrible tie knot - I had just received that "85 ways to tie a tie" book and was trying them out [​IMG] Mind you I'd wear it with middle button buttoned normally, not all three. Note also that you can quite clearly see in pic.1 that I had messed up the exposure [​IMG] [​IMG] The rippling is visible here... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks, Skalogre! This gives me the Corneliani three-piece fever. Did you take it to a tailor to have the rippling sorted out? What did he/she say?

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Thanks, Skalogre! This gives me the Corneliani three-piece fever. Did you take it to a tailor to have the rippling sorted out? What did he/she say?
    Guess what, that picture was AFTER the tailor took it up [​IMG] I have yet to find a tailor I can completely trust in this town. Thankfully the rippling is mostly minimal IRL- the bigger issue is that the shoulder line was disturbed by the adjustment. Stelios Addendum: However, the suit itself is a beauty. 2005 model I think, someone in Canada was selling it on eBay - supposedly they had worn it only once and it really looks that way. It is also the only 3 piece Corneliani I have come across. Edit 2: I steamed heavily the shoulders which has made their line settle a good amount thankfully. MY L. Barbera/St. Andrews was not that fortunate though... Edit 3: I also want to add that while the back always gives me trouble, ~18.5 inch shoulder-width Corneliani's suits look almost perfectly fitted on me everywhere else (plus Manton pointed that out to me, also [​IMG] )

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Looks great...now I see what you mean about the Corneliani three-piece suits Doc. Anyone know where one can get them in Manhattan?