• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reporter Brand; UPDATE: PICS ADDED!

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up several stunning jackets tonight. I plan on keeping a few as well as flipping a few on SF, pending comments on this thread. They're all made in Italy by a brand called "Reporter." I've never heard of them before, so please tell me what you know about the brand. Again, they look beautiful. Some of the nicest jackets I've ever seen (seriously, I mean it!).... Quality looks good, but I need more deets.

Okay, post away!

Edit, 2:00 PM, 2/23: Pics:

As you see, every seam is hand-stitched. The shoulders are neopolitan (however that's spelled), the under-collars are suede, and all of the jackets have elbow patched. They're all half-deconstructed. What do you think?

photo63.jpg

photo69.jpg

photo96.jpg

photo95.jpg

photo94.jpg

photo93.jpg

photo91.jpg

photo90.jpg

photo88.jpg

photo87.jpg

photo86.jpg

photo85.jpg

photo84.jpg

photo75.jpg

photo74.jpg

photo73.jpg

photo72.jpg

photo71.jpg

photo70.jpg

photo68.jpg

photo67.jpg

photo66.jpg

photo65.jpg

photo64.jpg

photo62.jpg

photo61.jpg

photo60.jpg

photo59.jpg

photo58.jpg

photo57.jpg

photo56.jpg

photo55.jpg

photo54.jpg

photo53.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have no knowledge of the brand. i did see a slew of them at Off Saks and tried them on, but was just not sold on the fit so i passed.

They do look nice though - and would like to know also who makes them.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to see that brand around alot back in the early 90s. i'm going strictly by memory, but i seem to remember that they were made by the same company that made armani (pre-black label). i'm happy to be corrected, though. i had a friend who was crazy about them. went to a sample sale with him once and realized that they were all cut fairly slim, but i wasn't.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the lapped shoulder seams. Button stance looks pretty high.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a bunch more of these (the blue and white striped) in pretty much every size. PM me if you're interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads