• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Replacing Metal with Leather Watch Band Sizing

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, purchased a new Seiko online recently, and the included Metal-band is 21mm in width.

I'd like to buy an Ostrich or Alligator band from Sirtoli.com, however it seems like their supply in 21mm width is limited (Awaiting a response on their unlisted stock as I've read sometimes they can accommodate)..

However, I was wondering if I went with a 20mm width band if this would be extremely noticeable? Will there be some play/sliding if I did this?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Hey, purchased a new Seiko online recently, and the included Metal-band is 21mm in width.

I'd like to buy an Ostrich or Alligator band from Sirtoli.com, however it seems like their supply in 21mm width is limited (Awaiting a response on their unlisted stock as I've read sometimes they can accommodate)..

However, I was wondering if I went with a 20mm width band if this would be extremely noticeable? Will there be some play/sliding if I did this?

I had the same issue with a watch/band of mine. I bought the next size up and trimmed it ever so slightly with an exacto knife to allow it to fit.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I had the same issue with a watch/band of mine. I bought the next size up and trimmed it ever so slightly with an exacto knife to allow it to fit.

Hmm, is this standard procedure? It seems like 21mm is a very uncommon size (from as far as what I've seen online).

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, trim a 22 down. Get a razorblade from a box cutter.

dmac

Reaction score
I was in a similar position and went with the next size down and had some sliding with the lower size.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
get a 22mm and use a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the lug end....Ive done that quite a few times with positive results...you can also go custom made...I have a few straps made from ABP in Paris...top quality stuff and you choose the sizes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.