• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Replacement Vibram soles (half soles) for leather sole dress boots?

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm buying a pair of leather-soled dress boots. I want to get a vibram sole or half-soles (topys?) put on them for added grip and protection from the elements. I haven't really been able to find any info about this process and types of soles. I was looking for something similar to the red wing gentleman traveler or even something with less tread. Also, if a half sole is added, will the heel need to be replaced also (so the relative height stays the same)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Search "topy" on this forum. You can also see here that I put a Vibram oversole on these leather-soled boots without adding something to the heel.

Note that Vibram is a brand that makes a huge variety of soles, some of which are appropriate for applying over an existing sole, and some of which would require the replacement of the leather sole.

Walter Ryan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can buy replacement Itshide soles for my boots. The current soles are worn out and are marked "Commando".

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.