• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remy Martin XO

PHV

Reaction score
I do know a better deal, but it kinda involves a black ski mask and a .9mm

alchimiste

Reaction score
Which Remy Martin XO? I think they have at least three different ones.

alchimiste

Reaction score
XO special is the cheaper of the three (the other two are 1er cru and excellence). I have seen a 70 cl bootle for US$90 in duty free, $90-100 seems to be the usual price range.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XO special is the cheaper of the three (the other two are 1er cru and excellence). I have seen a 70 cl bootle for US$90 in duty free, $90-100 seems to be the usual price range.
Actually there is more, the SPECTACULAIRE, it is the finest, however few people will ever have the pleasure, it goes by the name of Louis XIII de RÃ
00a9.png
my Martin, and for about $1450 you too can enjoy a very smooth cognac with a nice Baccarat bottle...if you are ever in a really posh bar, try a sip, it can normally be had with a fine cigar for about $35.

PHV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alchimiste,Feb. 16 2005,01:11
Actually there is more, the SPECTACULAIRE, it is the finest, however few people will ever have the pleasure, it goes by the name of Louis XIII de RÃ
00a9.png
my Martin, and for about $1450 you too can enjoy a very smooth cognac with a nice Baccarat bottle...if you are ever in a really posh bar, try a sip, it can normally be had with a fine cigar for about $35.
Are you sure? I've seen a proper glass of it go for $100... It's the Remy Martin VSOP that will go for $35

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a cigar and and a glass, a sip in a glass in Brussels for $35 Euro when the Euro was trading at $1 even...just a few years ago, might have gone up since.

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
if you are ever in a really posh bar, try a sip, it can normally be had with a fine cigar for about $35.
[/quote]

In NYC, a snifter of the forementioned Louis Trey will set you back at LEAST $200. I am dying to try it, but could never justify the price within the budget I set for myself. (I have bought XO duty free though. Lasts me over a few years.)

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it is up to now, will have to check the price when I am in Paris this fall, it is good, but wife would kill me if she finds out I have been paying on a bottle for the last 6 months...and I still have 6 months to go...got a great deal, just over 13....

alchimiste

Reaction score
Louis XIII costs about US$1000 in duty free (70 cl bottle). So $200 a glass is outrageous.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Louis XIII costs about US$1000 in duty free (70 cl bottle). So $200  a glass is outrageous.
I agree....that would make one bottle cost in individual servings somewhere around $4600.....that is stupid

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
So $200  a glass is outrageous.

My statement was not an ethical one, it was a metaphysical one -

$8 for a 50 cent beer is outrageous too, but they are bought by the millions in NYC.  Similarly, most places IN NYC that I have seen that have Louis Trey have it for at least $200.

Again, not a commentary on whats fair, a commentary on what IS.

PHV

Reaction score
Louis XIII costs about US$1000 in duty free (70 cl bottle). So $200  a glass is outrageous.
Ever been to a night club? A 40z Smirnoff plus unlimited mixers (Guru, Orange Juice, Cranberry juice) will run you like $200 bucks...

Grey goose (26oz) will be like $300...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads