Removing your hat indoors

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by JRB, Apr 11, 2011.

1. JRB

JRB Well-Known Member

Do you take your hat off when going indoors? Let's put this in a work/business context. Is it the gentlemanly thing to do, or just being old fashioned?

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

yes

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

4. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

what kind of hats do you people wear?

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I generally only wear hats when it's freezing outside. So when I go inside and I'm no longer freezing I take off the hat.

6. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

If you don't take off your hat indoors, the effect of dressing well is ruined.

You need the manners that go with the look, and therein lies the difference between a gentleman and a douche.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    lefty

8. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

Note that as soon as Tony stood up, he buttoned his jacket.

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

what kind of hats do you people wear?

fedoras mostly

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

11. caxt

caxt Well-Known Member

For those that do not, why? Can you just not be bothered?

12. JRB

JRB Well-Known Member

I work at a university and am alarmed by the number of students, many who dress well, don't take off their hat. Not just in classrooms, but in the administration buildings and dining hall. I would say for most of them it's either ignorance or the feeling that it's part of their "outfit". I have on occasion asked them to remove it.

FYI, I wear a flat cap, good for keeping the rain off the glasses, keeping the sun out of the eyes, sun off the baldness and I like the style.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

lefty

How curious that the two men used to make a big point about not wearing hats indoors are scumbags. One a philandering, racist, criminal that hates his mom; the other a philanderer living a double life.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I take off hats, I don't take off beanies - I wear sport beanies a lot when I am wearing excersise clothing, and I dont' take those off indoors.

15. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

[​IMG] not helping the cause, here...

asshole