1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Removing Shirt Darts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike Ross, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Mike Ross

Mike Ross Active Member

Quick question (I've used the search function, and read some related things, but want to clarify here):

Can I take darts out of a shirt that were added by a tailor without damaging the shirt? I understand there might be some small holes, etc., but I just want to make sure it'll still be wearable. Right now it's just too tight.

2. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

In most cases, yes. Best to have a seamstress do it for you if you have any doubts as to your skill.

3. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

So you got fat then?

4. hugh51271

hugh51271 Well-Known Member

Yes. But it depends on the fabric.

I had some taken out previously. I had the shirt slightly taken in on the sides to compensate for the darts removals.
    I noticed one fabric -after I had the sleeves taken out a tiny bit, would have been a bad option for the darts removal as the previous holes were still on the sleeves. However you would only notice them if you looked for them.
    But I wouldn't remove those darts with that fabric.

Take it to someone and see what they say.

5. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i do not approve of your avatar. get back to work