• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Removing Odor from Suit?

AboveBeyond

Reaction score
I just received a Canali suit I bought from eBay but......it has a strong curry odor. I googled potential treatments such as hanging it outdoor, soaking in vineagar, and possibly dry cleaning. Is it any other solutions?
uhoh.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why don't you try one of those^^

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return it and report the dirty bastard who sold it to you.

AboveBeyond

Reaction score
Sent to a dry cleaner and will pickup on Saturaday. Let's see how it turns out.

Interestingly the first dry cleaner said they don't do odor removal but the 2nd one said he does this kind of cleaning.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would quickly get rid of it.

chet31

Reaction score
The odor will slowly leave the suit. Dry cleaning is a good start to accelerate the process.

AboveBeyond

Reaction score
Good news. I picked up the suit from the dry cleaner and I would say its about 95% odor free. If I pressed the suit to my nose, I can still smell a hint of the curry odor so I'll probably leave it to hang outdoors (if it ever stops raining over here).
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads