1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Removing foot odor

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Mayday981, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior Member

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for food odor. Everyday after a long day of work I go home take off my shoes and my food smells like somebody died in it. I don't know if it's because I wear it too much or if it is just the shoe but it's becoming quite a wretched smell.

2. minya

minya Senior Member

Hahahaha, you can't spell foot.

3. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Distinguished Member

foot odour?

If you mean food odour and you work at a restaurant, its inevitable. I was a waiter for 2 years and food gets in the sole, and walking on floors that constantly have food crushed into them makes the smell of rotten food leech into the rubber. you cant really do anything about it

4. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior Member

Whoops I meant foot odor hehe. After working a 13 1/2 hour day your spelling gets a little messed up. [​IMG]

5. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

Wash you feet and wear thin wool socks. If that doesn't do it, try various foot powder and changing your socks midday.

6. tangerine

tangerine Senior Member

If you are wearing the same shoes every day, don't. Give them a chance to air out. Alternate between at least two pairs of shoes.

You can also get charcoal inserts for your shoes that help by absorbing odor.

Found some more ideas here.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

The deodorants I have been buying lately say that they can be used on the feet also.

Anthony's Logistics, Sharp's Happy Me, The Crystal.

I've never tried it but it sounds interesting.

I normally use foot powder if needed.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

Goldbond powder/spray = win.

9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Goldbond powder/spray = win.
    The blue bottle, it's the best, I powder my feet when they get sweaty, and put some in my shoes every once and a while.

10. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior Member

foot odour?

If you mean food odour and you work at a restaurant, its inevitable. I was a waiter for 2 years and food gets in the sole, and walking on floors that constantly have food crushed into them makes the smell of rotten food leech into the rubber. you cant really do anything about it

Really? I just applied for a job at Papadaux. I've got an interview on tuesday, so my feet might constantly smell like sea food.

11. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Distinguished Member

Really? I just applied for a job at Papadaux. I've got an interview on tuesday, so my feet might constantly smell like sea food.

it wont be so much your feet, as the actual shoes/sole of the shoe

12. Flagrant

Flagrant Well-Known Member

I've used spray deo on my feet before. But I've heard that if you really have a bad problem with perspiration on hands, feet or pits that you can have a dermatologist do botox injections. Maybe you won't have any wrinkles on your feet either!

13. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Two things, pure tea tree oil, and leather soles shoes. Put the tea tree oil on the bottom of your feet each morning before you put on your shoes/socks. After a few weeks of that you will not have any problems and won't need the oil anymore. I've also found that rubber soled shoes or shoes with synthetic insoles really exacerbate the problem.

14. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Distinguished Member

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for food odor. Everyday after a long day of work I go home take off my shoes and my food smells like somebody died in it. I don't know if it's because I wear it too much or if it is just the shoe but it's becoming quite a wretched smell.

Whether the odor is from your feet, shoes, or a combination thereof . . . a solution of sorts was posted here in the weeks leading up to the Great Server Crash early this year.

One of SF's shoe-focused members (who shall remain anonymous) shared the results of an ongoing experiment in shoe bleaching with other members in a series of threads. A dilute bleach solution that, as a side-effect to getting rid of the "hideous" original John Lobb color, also removed the pesky aroma of fine leather from some John Lobb shoes. This might just do the same for not only your prandially permeated pumps, but your funky feet as well. In fact, to save some time, you might consider just dunking the whole mess into a bucket of the six percent solution when you get home from the restaurant. Why bother even removing your shoes?

Clearly, the answer was awaiting you here until the aforementioned server crash! Your feet, your family, and the restaurant diners will be forever grateful to Style Forum. [​IMG]

15. Nonk

Nonk Senior Member

Talc. Very seventies, very unfashionable, very good stuff.

I use the baby talc myself. Smells great.