• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Removing cleats from golf shoes?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Folks:

Spotted these shoes, which look great in a simple way for streetwear, maybe with narrow jeans:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

I suspect J&M was better Way Back When.

Are these specifically designed as golf shoes, or are they just old dress shoes with cleats attached.

I would be wearing these on a city street, not a golf course. Can the cleats be removed? When gone, is the sole just a flat surface with holes in it, or must I have the shoe resoled in some way? Ideally it would be flat and I could get a rubber coating and be done with it.

Thanking The Group for its counsel.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that is possible, that will be a great idea!

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not speaking out of great expertise here, but they certainly have the look of dress shoes that were retrofitted for the links. I'd imagine a good shoe repair shop could at least expurgate the spikes by resoling/rehealing the shoes, and there might even be a simpler/less expensive way.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.