• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

removing back pocket stitching

raley

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a relatively simple process, but does anyone know how to go about removing back pocket stitching from jeans (they are my girlfriend's jeans from Express, the wash is actually quite nice but the back pocket stitching is a bit too... prevalent... for my taste)?

headtowall

Reaction score
I would think a seam ripper would work fine. You can get one for like $2 at wal-mart.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
The best way to do it is with a seam ripper. It's a lot more precise than fiddling with a knife or scissors. It looks like

and you use put the sharp part under the thread and push so the thread gets cut on sharpened curve. I'm probably overexplianing this. They're $1-3 at a fabric store or a department store. Heck, Target or Wal-Mart probably carry them.

raley

Reaction score
Thanks a lot - the picture and description is very helpful. Easier than I thought it would be.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I removed the stitching off my Nudies, it was actually much harder than I imagined.

Reaction score
actually, the nudie stitching is a breeze. i think it is a single-overlock stitch, so if you just rip the thread from the back, the stitching all pops out-----i couldn't find my seam ripper, so i did it with a dull pen-knife.

seen

Reaction score
Who's jeans is it? You wear the same size as your girlfriend?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
actually, the nudie stitching is a breeze. i think it is a single-overlock stitch, so if you just rip the thread from the back, the stitching all pops out-----i couldn't find my seam ripper, so i did it with a dull pen-knife.

Dammit, it took me hours of, like, neuroscopic-surgery to do it, and even then it didn't come out very well. Ohs wells.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that ring from a snuff can?

raley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
Who's jeans is it? You wear the same size as your girlfriend?

Oh, yeah I'm pretty much trying to convert her over to the premium denim side. She is definitely much smaller than me
so I am just "helping" convert her tastes over to something more along the lines of mine.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40