1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Removing a permanent insole...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by captainshields, Nov 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I recently bought a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren shoes that I absolutely love. However, they are a bit more dressy and the insole in them really hurts my feet. It is permanent and glued in. If I try to put an aftermarket gel insole in there isn't enough room for my feet.

Is there a correct or safe way to remove a permanent insole without ruining the shoe or insole?
    I can attach pics if needed.

Thanks guys!

2. captainshields

Any pointers or is this a stupid question? I really want to make these shoes comfortable..thanks!

3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Insole liners are typically glued in place and can be removed. although in most ready to wear shoes these days they are quite thin and removing them will make little difference in overall fit.

perhaps you should take them to your local shoe repair guy for further advice. or post a picture of the inside of the shoe.

probably should just return the shoes and get 1/2 size larger.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. captainshields

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Return them if you have not worn them and buy a pair that actually fit.

6. captainshields

They fit.
    The insoles are what hurt my feet. I have flat arches. So I usually use gel insoles, but if I put ge; insoles on top of the insoles that are already there they are too tight...

They were really cheap, so worse comes to worse I'll just rip out the insoles. Was just curious if there was a "correct" way to do it.