1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reminiscences on Jacob Lateiner:

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thracozaag, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

"He has been known to fly to London especially for a fitting from a particular Saville [sic] Row tailor and I am flattered to say he once charged me with the responsibility of buying shoelaces for him--also at one specific London shop--which were made of white whale leather (now illegal)."--Gary Graffman

The tailor in question was A&S (he was a loyal customer from the 50's-70's).  When Mr. Lateiner consigned his suits and sportcoats to the great beyond, he was kind enough to give me the hangers (and they're amazing).  Anyone have any clue about the shoelaces?  Possibly Lobb?

koji

2. drljva

drljva Senior Member

No surprise, really, that Lateiner would entrust Graffman with this task... he's a class act. Wish Sony would re-issue more of his recordings... [​IMG]

3. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

Hey, that's my teacher. Â On a side note, other than a clothing connoisseur (and a collector in rare music scores), he has a large collection of English egg cups, antique documents (mostly of blibical nature) from 15th, 16th century, makes a killing espresso and cappucino, has a large collection of his own recordings (that's a long story); he does not own a television until fairly recently (when a student bought him a VHS tape he was forced to buy a TV and VCR), nor CD player, nor anything in the fridge except a half gallon of milk. Â Kojinsky, who do you think is better dressed in the 'Yard? Â Polisi? Â Dubal? Â Attwood? [​IMG]

4. Thracozaag

(Thracozaag @ April 20 2005,06:15) "He has been known to fly to London especially for a fitting from a particular Saville [sic] Row tailor and I am flattered to say he once charged me with the responsibility of buying shoelaces for him--also at one specific London shop--which were made of white whale leather (now illegal)."--Gary Graffman  The tailor in question was A&S (he was a loyal customer from the 50's-70's).  When Mr. Lateiner consigned his suits and sportcoats to the great beyond, he was kind enough to give me the hangers (and they're amazing).  Anyone have any clue about the shoelaces?  Possibly Lobb? koji
    No surprise, really, that Lateiner would entrust Graffman with this task... he's a class act. Wish Sony would re-issue more of his recordings... Â [​IMG]
    Indeed; his recordings of the Brahms Handel, Brahms Paganini, and selected Beethoven sonatas (op. 111 in particular) are phenomenal. koji

5. Thracozaag

Well, Polisi wears T&A and Dubal has a penchant for Versace.... koji

6. PHV

PHV Senior Member

(naturlaut @ April 20 2005,09:13) Kojinsky, who do you think is better dressed in the 'Yard? Â Polisi? Â Dubal? Â Attwood? [​IMG]
    Well, Polisi wears T&A and Dubal has a penchant for Versace.... koji
    A lot of fantastic musicians have horrific sense of style.

7. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

You are too modest to state the obvious conclusion: Atwood wins.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(Thracozaag @ April 20 2005,13:50) Well, Polisi wears T&A and Dubal has a penchant for Versace....
    You are too modest to state the obvious conclusion: Atwood wins.
    Don't get me wrong Koji dresses well, but... Jon.