• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remember the Kiton that new SF member why4009 got....? He lied...

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=79573
Well, since he is closer to a Sz40 and I am a 46, I PMed him to ask if he wished to sell it to me. I was a pessimist, noob finds Kiton....yeah whatever!! Then he started sending me pics of the measuring tape on the coat, so i could see measurements etc...I thought....what a con artist....yeah whatever!!
Well, I paypal'ed him his money which is a fraction of the price of Kiton (he can let you know how much I paid if he wishes), and got USPS shipping info in 12 hours...the coat was on its way.
I still thought....noob finds Kiton...and I got suckered into it....yeah whatever!! So tonight when i got home, the box was waiting for me....
Superb 100% Cashmere Kiton coat, with all buttons in little kiton plastic baggie, tags on coat...yeah, its a real Kiton, he even sent the damn Kiton hanger.
Damn noob, thanks for the SUPERB KITON!
worship.gif
worship.gif

Regards.
PS. He lied cos the Kiton coat is way better than i imagined, or he described...its pretty amazing.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. VERY nice!

Some people need to step up and eat some crow.

I'm glad you benefited from it because you sell some damn nice stuff yourself. Good karma.

dopamine

Reaction score
That's insane. I wish I could get deals like that -_-.

pkincy

Reaction score
From the pictures in the OP it was pretty clear this was an original Kiton cashmere jacket.

It was hard to tell the condition of the coat or what it looks like but the tags were darned near spot on to a Kiton I got from Barney's in LV a month or so ago and do dearly love.

Perry

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was this a off the truck deal?

pitboss12

Reaction score
I remember looking up that place on google maps. I looked at the street view of the store front and it looked pretty sketchy. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad your trust in people paid off!

dopamine

Reaction score
Is it possible for anyone else to pick up stuff at that store to resell to others for a finder's fee if the items are verified authentic? I'd love some size 36 suits and coats!

BryanHarig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
Is it possible for anyone else to pick up stuff at that store to resell to others for a finder's fee if the items are verified authentic? I'd love some size 36 suits and coats!

It sounds like he could make quite a tidy profit reselling the Kiton jackets alone.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shikar....what karma you have!

why4009

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to thank Shikar for reaching out to me and taking a risk. I think we worked out a win/win.

Unfortunately, there was only 1 Kiton jacket (below I have listed what I do have) and I would never have even known that it was a good brand if it wasn't for this board. I took like a 100 pics (seemed like it - only 18 pics) to make sure that Shikar knew exactly what he was getting. The last thing I needed to do was start off on this board as a liar/scam artist!
smile.gif

http://why4009why.shutterfly.com/

As for the other suits, I will put them up on the for sale board once I get back from my trip. I was under the illusion that though they didn't fit me, they could be altered inexpensively. I now know I am better off finding something that fits and make small alterations than trying to make large scale alterations. So I hope that these suits will find happy homes.

I have an armani le colezioni NWT, hugo boss black label pinstripe NWT, boss grey (well black and wine dots) 42L NWT, a few double breasted mani and boss NWT, slightly worn zegna soft 44R and a slightly worn charcoal grey Valentino 46R (which I desparately wanted to make fit me, but couldn't
frown.gif
).

Some of the pics are here.

http://moresuitpics.shutterfly.com/

This is a great board and I am grateful for honest feedback and sharing that takes place here.

Thanks.

Why4009

why4009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine

He closed up shop, I don't know what happened to the rest of the suits. There were only a couple of smaller suits. They generally were in the 46 range.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to love reading until I read the message opening this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads